What do you carry ur junk in?

H
hunt-fish-trap
so me being crazy adhd and ocd I am always changing what I carry my gear in. sometimes its a backpack or a shoulder bag or a vest or a hunting hip pack with shoulder straps. Im just curious, do you match the pack to the type of fishing that day. or are you like my friend ZEB (called you out) who carries everything AND the kitchen sink with him every time every where. He is crazy, his pack for salmon/steelhead is as large as his bass only bag. I would post picks of my new to me "vintage" kelty day pack that is gunna be my new s/s bag but im to lazy to go get batteries for the camera.

and yes im bored at home takin care of my 2year old daughter :dance:

G
GDBrown
I have different setup for each type of fishing I do. One for fly fishing trout, one for steelhead/salmon bank fishing, one for trout from the boat, one for salmon from the boat, etc. I have to move some things from box/pack to pack because I'm too cheap to buy one for each. :lol:

Reactions: bigsteel
B
bigsteel
I carry only 2 fly boxes, so they get shoved down my waders,then my tippet and floatant go into my front pouch on the waders.

H
halibuthitman
everything I own is in my truck, whatever falls out when I open the doors is what I use that day..seriously

C_Run
C_Run
If I am fishing off a beach, it's a bucket and a couple of ziplocks. I just bought a vest I haven't used yet but I am trying to get away from lugging a box along the bank. We'll see how that goes. I am in the process of putting a pimped milk crate on the back of my bicycle for a couple of specific locations where the bike comes in handy. If it's photogenic when I'm done, I'll put up a picture, maybe. In the kayak, it's little boxes all inside a watertight Tupperware box that floats.

troutdude
troutdude
GDBrown said:
I have different setup for each type of fishing I do. One for fly fishing trout, one for steelhead/salmon bank fishing, one for trout from the boat, one for salmon from the boat, etc. I have to move some things from box/pack to pack because I'm too cheap to buy one for each. :lol:

X 2. I use a similar strategy. Tackle boxes, for specific type of fish or method. For example, one box has gear specific for trolling for kokes or trout. One for trolling for Salmon, etc. Plus, a belly pack for trout so I'm mobile.

D
DYJ
I have different Planno box's for different fishing techniques. One for spinners, one for drift gear and so on. Whatever required gear is need for the day of fishing goes in the backpack the night before and is double checked, then laid out with the rods. I only take what I need cause I try to leave NOTHING in the car, hoping that an empty car may prevent a break in.

I don't really target anything except Steel and Salmon. I Do have plano box's specifically for certain lakes, like Siltcoose Coho or Miller Lake Browns, but they stay on the shelf where everything else is also stored when not in the back pack. I try to be as organized as possible when it comes to my fishing gear.

M
mastercaster
I have mutiple back packs boxes etc I have found a backpack to be the best for me if I am on the move holds everthing including my lunch and leaves your hands free . I do keep my tackle seperate for different types of fishing and species . MC

L
Logger707
I have a kelty daypack and put boxes with whatever is relevant for the days fishing,on second thought its always been full of s/s gear :)

Wilsonriverfisher
Wilsonriverfisher
backpack mostly, but I do a lot of what you do and go back and forth

I
imfishing
Greetings All.

I wouldn't normally chime in, but its a new year maybe it's time for my leave of absence to be over...we will see.

Anyhow.

Whew talk about ocd...I'm the posterchild and grand Poobah of the club of O.C.D. For Fishing Gear.

I started out with a nasty vest that was cheap and wrenched my neck out all the time.

So since I fish most every day, and I like to use quality equipment I splurged for a badlands back packs Super Day Pack in Real Tree AP.

But evertime I crossed "All" my gear got soaked, and if it rained...Foged-aboud-it. I was hanging my sammiches to dry.

And It wouldn't hold any fish very well for any hiking...

So then I sold it, for a considerable loss I might add.

I then ponyied up the scratch for the bad lands backpacks OX, [Paid Full Retail].

Now This thing was awesome, it held all my gear, all my partners gear, their friend's gear, and my lunch, and all the fish.

I had trouble getting it below 45 pounds, Hiking In To Cedar Sucked, Crossing To The Meat Hole Sucked. But Man It Sure Looked Cool.

My knees started killing me all the time...Wow This Sucks... I kept thinking.

But I still had all the water/soaking issues.

so I sold that on CL, Again for a considerable loss, Congrats Dude. Nice Pack.

Now I bought the badlands backpacks sacrifice, this didn't work well for fishing as the material is more for hiking and camping. I still have it.

I bought a sweet Simms Guide Vest in xxxl. the first one fell apart in the first thirty days, to much weight in the front pockets. Started tearing away.

While the Awesome [Sarcastic] Simms warrenty dudes went to work upselling me on various equipment, I got the simms drycreek guide pack.

What a joke that was, it holds a lot, its waterproof-ish but it hikes lame. still have it though....I use it in the cape disapointment fishery in september.

So now I use the warrenty "Credit" From my irrepairable guide vest to purchase the system to beat all sytems:

The simms Drycreek Rolltop Pack And Chest Bag. Right away I saw that the chest pack would hinder any and all fish landing...So It Went back.

I went ahead and bought the guide vest again - but not carry so much in it, which of course started me on a downsizing my gear trip. Oh yea

and I stopped fishing with people so I did not need to bring very much gear any more. So Cool.

Now - I believe I have a good system:

I use the Simms Guide Vest for all my tools and terminal stuff [Hooks, Corkies, and Beads, and Yarn, And Worms]-

I keep Other Things In My Cabelas Guid Wear Wading Jacket [Thanks Chad Of SteelHead Stawkers]-

And on top of all that I use the Simms Drycreek Day Pack. Now I Can Fish All Day In Relative Comfort Weather its raining or weather I'm Wading Up To My Neck.

Of Course When The Timing Is Right I'll BeTrading It all In for A New Modern Mechanized System.

A North River Scout [ 6 Degree] In The 19 Foot Flavor. Its gonna be a work in progress but its a start.

Anyhow - Sorry to hijack the thread - Play on people.