Work sucks, fishing is better

C
ChezJfrey
Have had to take two week-long trips east, to North Carolina for work, and that put a damper on steelhead chasing.

But, following my eastern travel tendencies of late, changed the scenery a bit yesterday and went 2 for 2. Dozer happened to call me while I was on the river and showed up later to show me a thing or two and hooked one within a handful of casts...show off; he's had the hotter hand within the last week or two anyway. I eventually left him at the river, so not sure his final score.

I tried and tried and tried with the fly rod, but couldn't make it happen. Also tried and tried a spoon, but no go. Toss a size 4 spinner and within a few casts, boom! Go figure?

No shot of my first, 7 AM fish as I let it go sans photo.

2014-07-26_09-52-37_982.jpg

Dozer's

2014-07-26_11-29-00_390.jpg

Reactions: igquick
F
fish face
Work sucks, fishing is better?

No kidding..........

T
troutmasta
Nice feesh bud.

D
dozer365
I ended up drifting corky at the low down section and took a break. I'd manager one more brief hook up but it spit in lIke 3 seconds. All together for the weekend I went 3/7 with a few missed takes.
All on size 4 spinner.
1 hatcher out of 3 fish.
I'm going back up in September. August will be buoy 10 and clack a bit.

C
ChezJfrey
dozer365 said:
All together for the weekend I went 3/7 with a few missed takes.

Yeah, I guess I can add that I missed one take, but I suppose it could have been anything...all I know is it was a fish, it was almost certainly bigger than a trout, but coulda been a pike minnow or something...I'll never know.

I
igquick
Fishing sucks, but working is better; said NO ONE EVER!

NICE POST!

C
CoastalMoe
One day may we all make fishing our work...

M
mikeee2362
Nice one Jeff, give me a call next time you go.

S
steelhead_stalkers
You don't want fishing to be work! Trust me. :lol: