Fishing your favorite parking spot.

B
Big3d
A buddy of mine just got back from the Kilchis river. He crossed a flood closure ( not wise but he did) He fished in the parking lot at kilchis county park day use area. Yes the parking lot. He said 8 total chum with a few foul hooked. Sent me a picture of the kilchis boat launch down low, the entire property is under water. Looks like the Wilson is beyond any possible fishing too. It's amazing, no rain here. I guess it's sturgeon in town for a few days. Don't forget to fish your favorite parking space whenever possible.

Big3d

S
sapo
Yep pretty much everywhere is blown out

J
JonT
Snagging spawning Chum Salmon... Stay classy!

S
sapo
Haha ya at this point they're pretty much all spawning..not the best choice to fish for them now.

B
Big3d
He did foul hook a couple but he didn't have the intention to go out n snag. He was trying to salvage a trip by throwing a few spinners into a hopeless abyss. I would agree it's time to leave them alone, but he is within legal right to c&r them up through today.

S
sapo
Ya I believe u big3d! Yep it's legal right now, but even if you're not "Trying to snag" you still can if you use a method that is likely to unintentionally snag fish. For example, using spinners in a (usually) small river will result in a lot of snags..

But ya they're fun! But moral of the story is, don't use something if you know it's going to snag a lot of the fish you catch.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Good post big3d. Ignore the haters. Everyone unintentionally snags now and then. Especially when flossing...er, I mean stripping flies for salmon. I certainly have.

J
JonT
jamisonace said:
Good post big3d. Ignore the haters. Everyone unintentionally snags now and then. Especially when flossing...er, I mean stripping flies for salmon. I certainly have.

Barbed 2/0 trebles for all!

jamisonace
jamisonace
S
sapo
Jamisonace I'm not a hater at all...just saying running a spinner through spawning chums isn't the best idea..

dude I snagged a few when I hit the Miami recently...not hating, just commenting bro it happens to us all

T
troutmasta
JonT said:
Snagging spawning Chum Salmon... Stay classy!

:thumb:Nothing like a fishless anlgler to bring another down. We need to get you into a fish bud, bad..

Nice report Big3d

sapo said:
Haha ya at this point they're pretty much all spawning..not the best choice to fish for them now.

[MENTION=13167]sapo[/MENTION]- werent you fishing the Miami less than a week ago?.?

S
sapo
Lol troutmasta I was there 9 days ago, but I have been there closer to this time before and they spawn pretty quickly after entering the rivers, and considering how many spawners I saw when I was there so would assume they're all spawning by now. But not sure about the Kilchis, which is where he said his buddy was fishing.

Wasn't trying to sound rude, I've snagged spawners before right at the end of the chum salmon season..lol but I was just pointing out for people who were unaware of the fishery that now wouldn't be a good time (and spinners aren't the best lures, esp in small streams with fish stacked in them)

D
DrTheopolis
sapo said:
spinners aren't the best lures, esp in small streams with fish stacked in them

As opposed to drift gear?

I can tone down my spinner weight, and keep it from dragging bottom just fine.

Drift fishing... not so much.

S
sapo
Ya very true DrTheo it depends on the circumstances and weight but drift fishing usually snags more, I agree (but spinners don't need to be dragging bottom to snag fish)..I wasn't saying drift gear is a better choice than spinners though, both would probably be a poor choice in small streams like these.

T
troutmasta
sapo said:
But not sure about the Kilchis, which is where he said his buddy was fishing.

I was just pointing out for people who were unaware of the fishery that now wouldn't be a good time (and spinners aren't the best lures, esp in small streams with fish stacked in them)

Just razzin ya-
Real talk though, spinners are spinners, if its a legal fishery and youre not trying to snag, fish em'. Obviously theres no shortage of fish in the M. and last time I fished it I quit after about 3 zombies caught, so its really a judgement call. There are people that get paid to determine when its imoral/counterproductive to fish and they set the seasons.

As far as the K.-
I'll hammer it for the next month, couldn't care a bit about the chums, spawning or not. Im after nickel plated submarines-;)

J
JonT
troutmasta said:
:thumb:Nothing like a fishless anlgler to bring another down. We need to get you into a fish bud, bad..

Oh I floss 'em all day long, believe it, mastabaiter.

S
sapo
Ya it's totally your call what to fish, what type of water, etc..ya I need to hit the Kilchis..badly

T
troutmasta
JonT said:
Oh I floss 'em all day long, believe it, mastabaiter.

Cute, but I was referencing catching and landing a fish- It'll do wonders!

B
Big3d
This turned into a pretty entertaining thread!

P
playhooky
Big3d said:
This turned into a pretty entertaining thread!

I agree......some of the posts are quite CHUMMY if ya know what I mean [emoji12]