Old tackle

F
Fish a holic
Anyone know wha to do with tackle that might be antique. Should it be cleaned? Rusty hooks replaced? Or just dusted off and left alone?:think:

H
halibuthitman
LEFT ALONE.... or fished, but value is in it being in its origanol condition-

T
tomriker
my grandpa has a stupid amount of wooden poppers and swimmers and all kinds of weird stuff. i should start fishing it to try and catch some bass :) i hear the old wood stuff "fishes better" than the plastic poppers

troutdude
troutdude
"Old school" tackle is what I like best. It's "tried and true"; and STILL catches fish.

Hitman is quite right. If you're just going to "save" them, leave them alone. Do not do any "touch up" work on them. Collectors want original condition. Let them do any touch up stuff, once they buy it from you.

If, on the other hand, you're going to USE the stuff...then, gently clean, sharpen hooks, oil and grease the reels, replace/lube the lines with cleaner, and you're ready to lock n' load.

F
Fish a holic
Thanks for the help, now to find some sort of display case

H
Hawk
i've bean collecting ol wooden lures Jim Bowie give me...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

H
hunt-fish-trap
I found a awesome way to display my old gear, I took a old net and cut it so it was "open" and tacked it to the wall and then hung my lures on it. it holds rods and reels as well