NF Nehalem report 12/31

H
hookbait
I took my tag out for one last hurrah today. I got to the hatchery early but it was already packed so I didn't fish there but had a look around. The water wasn't quite over the no barriers platform but it was within 6 to 8 inches and flowing fast. The color was the light tan just before it clears to green. Nobody I saw had a fish but I didn't check down by the falls. With the number of rigs in the parking lot I figured it was packed.

I loaded back up in the car and headed down river. I eventually found a spot where I had a good stretch of river to myself. I'd never fished this area before but where the water is right now there isn't much definition to the river. It's basically fast and murky or really fast and murky. It's also high enough that once your gear swings back to the bank you have to retrieve through grass, bushes, and who knows what else. I spent a good bit of time free'n snags.

The only fish I saw was one climb'n the ladder at the hatchery. Oh well, I've got fresh new tags now and they have to have better luck than my old ones right?

H
halibuthitman
well good luck with your new tags! bought mine an hour ago, gonna get to know them all day tommorow-

P
plumb2fish
Gonna head out for an afternoon expedition after I buy mine today....Hopefully I will get to become close to it today....good luck guys

R
rippin fish lips
Good luck to to all you guys! I gotta wait 2 weeks to get my new tags and what not! Gunna spend my "new year" money on snowboarding this week :) I think i will take some nice pictures to share for a lil report or something :D I can't wait to hear your report!

F
flightway
I like this forum very much.