Fighting firetrucks

N
nwkiller
Hit the river early yesterday....my brother was supposed to come with but had an issue with his alarm, so I started the day solo. as soon as I got to the spot at O dark 30 I could hear fish rolling all over. as soon as I could see enough to fish I casted out. Probably around the tenth cast my lure stops, I set the hook get a few good head shakes and some line pull and gone.......at least i know they want what I have......about four casts later FISH ON.....get a decent fight from a good size buck coho.

ho1.png

...quickly landed and released him and went back to casting.

after another 20 minutes or so of throwing and switching hardware...FISH ON....and my phone rings.....thinking it could be my brother I quickly answer it to rub in that i have a fish on......it was actually another NWKiller. I told him I had a fish on at that very moment......then fish off....I blamed him....lol

Next fish came about 30 minutes later. It slammed and mangled my blue fox lure...

ho2.png

took this picture and got him back in the water to do what he does.

So I worked the hole alittle longer with no luck. Moved down river to find it very crowded and not my cup of tea. so I headed back up just below the last spot. after probably the 25 cast...FISH ON. this one although smaller than the other two put up the best fish. ran me all over the place and came very close to snapping my 6'6" ugly stick....

ho3.png

Snapped a quick picture and back into the water he went.

Finally my brother calls and tells me of his alarm troubles....asked me where I was and that he would be there as fast as he can. I go and meet him and grab some food......back to the water

Well my brother is in the military and lives in another state, which means I rarely get to see him let alone go fishing with him. So really wanted to get him into a big fish before he goes back home. got down to a spot said to him "now your gonna want to cast like this over there and reel like this".....as i was showing him and reeling it back....FISH ON....but just got a few head shakes then off. awesome though cause it looks like I know what im talking about. We casted around for a while, watching fish roll all over with no luck. Moved to another spot, we teamed up on the slot and worked the top and the bottom. Around the tenth cast...FISH ON. The fish I had been waiting for all day....no not a steelhead, but a fish for my bro!!!!!!!

scottcoho.png

awesome day, they only thing that would have topped it would be him holding a chrome bright steely.....thanks fish gods!

B
bigsteel
nice work out there man

T
TTFishon
Looks like another awesome day!!! Great job!!!

B
billfisher
Good job! Glad your Bro got to catch one. Thanks for the nice pics!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Agreed. Great report. Good on you, for getting your "other brother NWK" into a fish!

P.S. God bless your brother for his dedication to our country!!!

K
Kevinb5688
Theres a lot of fire trucks out there!!!
Nice report, and thanks to your bro for fighting for our country!

R
rippin fish lips
Nice trucks bro! keep up the good work! :D

brandon4455
brandon4455
damn nice job. pretty looking fish

N
nwkiller
thanks a lot guys! It was an amazing day, started out being bumed he might not make it then have one of the funnest days of the year.. Oh and thanks kevin and troutdude, he reads these and will enjoy your graditude!

L
lilsalmon
Nice job!!!!!

J
JeannaJigs
heck yeah! Nicely done. I tried to do the same with my brother, whom is also home on leave for the holidays, hence my absence lately on here, been busy, busy, busy...but alas, he has been hungover or "too cold" to go fishing every chance the oppurtunity arose...such a slacker.

T
troutguide
Very nice! I have a brother in the military too that I like to spend as much time with when he is in town. Thank goodness for the holidays! :) Anyway, so glad that your brother got to catch such a nice prize!

E
eugene1
nwkiller, if we had a fisherperson of the year, i think I'd vote for you. You seem to catch a ton of fish dude!

Thanks for the report.

N
nwkiller
thanks guys. ya i fish i could fish more with my brother, but he is in to other things, so its good to get atleast 1 or 2 days in a yewar with him. And eugene1 thanks man, it means a lot!!

J
JeannaJigs
nwkiller said:
thanks guys. ya i fish i could fish more with my brother, but he is in to other things, so its good to get atleast 1 or 2 days in a yewar with him. And eugene1 thanks man, it means a lot!!

Exactly the same with my brother. He was stationed on the east coast and was on several deployments overseas, and then just now got his home base moved to whidbey island, so he's been home more in the last 2 months than he has in 5 years, but it's hard to get him fishing...he wants to go catching, not fishing lol. It's good to get a couple days on the water with him here and there though.

N
nwkiller
i hear you about the want to go catching thing......makes it challenging to garuntee fish, dont want to go get a skunk. but its really about spending time....deffintely found ourselves there talking unstead of fishing for a story or two. thats sweet he is stationed up there....i know some sweet spots up there so let me know when you go.......guess they have a sweet salmon run