Remote control boat

T
tomriker
well my wife bought my ipilot trolling motor for me for christmas, got it installed on the boat today, decided i'd better take it for a spin :) i made the video while wearing the I-Kam sunglasses i decided to pick myself up today too :cool: audio isn't that impressive but i plan on putting music over other videos i make anyways

Last edited:
jamisonace
jamisonace
Looks like a fun toy.

T
tomriker
it's more than a toy sir, it's a trolling motor :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
add some trolling rods and you can sit on the shore and pound some beers while you boat trolls around the stocker lakes collecting dinner. ha!

T
tomriker
brandon4455 said:
add some trolling rods and you can sit on the shore and pound some beers while you boat trolls around the stocker lakes collecting dinner. ha!

why would i want to go somewhere else when i got all the fishez i can catch in my backyard :)

Reactions: brandon4455
B
Bassdad54
Hey TR what is the range on those...how far away before it wont respondto the remote?

brandon4455
brandon4455
tomriker said:
why would i want to go somewhere else when i got all the fishez i can catch in my backyard :)

thats true lol

T
tomriker
I didn't want to see how far away :) last thing I want to do is lose control and have it run aground

K
Keith
Boy, oh boy.... that is neat; real neat. What a useful tool. If you could get GPS hooked up you could hit the same hole time and time again!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Just don't forget to cast while you're playing with your new toy...:lol::lol:...sorry, couldn't resist ribbing you. Looks like a great gift from another great woman...my "resist" level is way down...:D

S
sherman
Cool TR does it have memory so you can program it & let it take you to your favorite spots on your pond. I can see it now a bass rod in each hand. Double your pleasure double your fun. You'll be out there all winter trying to wake up the bass.:lol:

B
Bassdad54
TR what I meant was does the instructions say how far away the remote is reponsive ...that is for sure you dont want it get away..

L
lilsalmon
tomriker said:

why would you want to stay in the same place day after day after day? That would get boring catching the same fish....seems like not much of a challenge....just sayin. Its a great little "toy" but I am not sure of the purpose of it.

C
colbypearson
Thats so rad dude hahahahaha TR ghost ridin Da Whip! LMFAO

T
tomriker
it has GPS built into and it will record "tracks" that i drive and it will remember 3 differant tracks each up to 3 miles long so once i drive them once it will follow the same track again and it remembers spots too if im within half a mile of one of the spots it will take me right back to the place within 5 feet. and lilsalmon, everyone keeps telling me that no public water compares to my place, so why waste the time not catching anything? i don't mind fighting the same bass and trying to catch a pesky 10 pounder that's in there.

S
Slick
What does something like that cost?

T
tomriker
Mine was 800, that's with the 55 lb thrust and no foot peddle. The foot peddle and ipilot aren't compatable so you have to use either or. So Im not missing out. And for the bigger ones they go all the way up to 2,000 or so

Reactions: Slick
S
Slick
tomriker said:
Mine was 800, that's with the 55 lb thrust and no foot peddle. The foot peddle and ipilot aren't compatable so you have to use either or. So Im not missing out. And for the bigger ones they go all the way up to 2,000 or so
Thanks. One more question. How do you get youtube videos to play here in the forum without going to youtube?

L
lilsalmon
tomriker said:
and lilsalmon, everyone keeps telling me that no public water compares to my place, so why waste the time not catching anything? i don't mind fighting the same bass and trying to catch a pesky 10 pounder that's in there.

I see....I guess I just like the challenge of different water and different scenery.....looks like your all set. I still haven't got a bass on my fly rod, though.

T
tomriker
you know i had to edit my post about 10 times to get the youtube video to work, finally figured out that you hit the insert video button then put in the youtube video url