Hagg Lake boat rental place

troutdude
troutdude
Does anyone know if the Hog n' Dog Bait & Boat shop, is still open at the lake? His facebook page is down; and I can't seem to locate his web site.

T
troutmasta
Dont know- But they owe me a pulled pork cheeseburger- Overcharged me by a burger at the little mini fish OFF last summer. Super nice folks.

I bet they close after Labor day though- Maybe open on Sat and Sun-

Call the lake stop store or the booth at hagg- I bet they'd know

P
pinstriper
Looks like they changed names, and maybe hands. Mad Jack's formerly Hog 'n Dog.

Doesn't say anything about closed for the season, but that means absolutely zip.

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks guys!

bass
bass
They are open. I was there yesterday with Zach and they were renting boats and serving food. Zach had a pulled pork sandwich and a cheeseburger and loved them both!

troutdude
troutdude
Right on. Thank you. I'm hoping to get up there, and do some trolling later this week.

I'm glad that Zach, enjoyed his menu choices. LOL

How did you guys do?

bass
bass
I will write up a full report when I get the pics off the camera, but we caught 10 trout, 1 largemouth and 1 perch in 7 hours (minus three bathroom breaks and lunch stop). Several of the trout were 15" and really fat. Bigger fish were closer to boat ramp C. Tons of small fish near ramp A, but I could not get a decent sized fish to bite. We left quantity for quality. There were long periods of no action - sometimes felt like we were trolling in a desert. I never found a spot that I could beat on hard and have it kick out a bunch of quality fish. All the nice fish seemed to be scattered.

Next time out we will use a bit of a different strategy. All the fish were caught close to the surface. Tried down deeper multiple times but I never got a bite there. Did mark many schools of fish near the bottom in 20-30' of water but I never got a bite when trolling through them with my lures down where they were (down 15-20'). I am not sure if the schools were trout, perch or what.