10 lb brood on a Hares Ear nymph

M
mrlindeman
Got this almost completely rotten Brood today. 25 inches at 10 LB's on a six weight. He bent the hook out on the size sixteen hares ear he tried to darn near swallow whole. I thought I fowl hooked him due to his tail floppin and tangling my line. Once I got the upper hand And landed him the fly was fairly lodged in the inside roof of the mouth. Sure was a fight still though. He hesitated and felt like a log. Then, Bam! He took off and the fight was on! When I got him to the bank the fly came poppin outa his mouth and straight into my hand. Past the barb the hook was bedded through the skin between my thumb and pointer finger. The hook was pulled open half way.

My2011winterTroutlargefile.png

Last edited:
A
alm21
That looks like it was hella fun! Fat bow!

D
Drew9870
Bud, I got the pic text from you, but I just noticed the empty bank behind you, actually had to double take to make sure my eyes were really seeing this :lol:, that probably changed around noon-1, since it is church day.

Nice job, that will make a good stockpile of ocean bait.

M
mrlindeman
He does not smell bad, and the meat cut well. All the other people were at the inlet shoulder to shoulder. I even got laughed at when folks were watchin me fly cast. Words of, "no fish over there" & "good luck with that" were heard. I prowdly walked the fish by them asking if it was a legal keeper to the people that are just plain rude. Mouths said nothing at that point :)

S
skunk
That banks not empty, see those combat geese? Wing to wing man!

troutdude
troutdude
mrlindeman said:
I prowdly walked the fish by them asking if it was a legal keeper to the people that are just plain rude. Mouths said nothing at that point :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

M
mrlindeman
skunk said:
That banks not empty, see those combat geese? Wing to wing man!

Bwahahah Yea the geese were fishing hard. lol. They are darn cute though. I feel bad for the one with a limp. I know its from garbage fishing line :(

N
nwkiller
nananananasty.....but a fun fight i bet

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice catch...did you eat that thing? i would rather eat carp eggs!! LOL how did you manage to get him to bite? ive never seen one of the nasty zombie leftover brooders eat anything,lure or fly. i just see them swim along the banks once they start rotting then they eventually croak

V
Van
troutdude said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

^
What he said.

W
waco
Good catch, I bet it was fun!

M
mrlindeman
I was amzed he took the fly. Im thinkin it was just instinct. Maybe thought it was a trout pellet or somethin lol.