Got this nice Christmas e-mail today

N
nwkiller
Message body

To bad you promote killing of steelhead and other fish. Bloody fish held by gill plates just go to show how undereducated you really are. Tailing a fish even if put back can have bad results. You people are just pigs!!!!

See you on the water!!!

didn't want to cause a stir more like wondering who else feels this way???? all our fish are legal, and anything released may have been held for a quick picture but then released without anything but a sore mouth.........Oh and I'm truley not affraid of you my friend....If your reading this, which Im sure you are!!!!!! I hope things like this are not the reason that throbbit shane left us........

J
Johnny Southpaw
Whoever wrote it sounds like quite an elitist, pretentious oinker his/her self. Do you're best to handle 'Nates with care, BONK the hatchery fish, take all the 'bloody fish' pictures you want, DON'T LITTER or cross my line and your fine in my book :)

K
Kevinb5688
Johnny Southpaw said:
Whoever wrote it sounds like quite an elitist, pretentious oinker his/her self. Do you're best to handle 'Nates with care, BONK the hatchery fish, take all the 'bloody fish' pictures you want, DON'T LITTER or cross my line and your fine in my book :)

He said it all ^.
That guy should teach classes since his way is the best!

troutdude
troutdude
Message from the Mayor

Message from the Mayor

And now, a message from the unOFFicial Mayor of OFF:

The "person" <term used very loosely> that wrote that email message, accomplished only one task. He/she/it lowered themselves rapidly into the category of bottom feeding pond scum. You NEVER raise yourself "above" others; buy putting others down. That message clearly shows all of us, what a limited mind that he/she/it has to work with.

P.S. To the moron that wrote that email in question: The fish that NWK has kept, or photographed, are NOT your fish. They are his, to with as he pleases. He is an ethical fisherman who follows the rules. So, mind your own damn business and go spout your BS elsewhere. You will be welcomed there.

Last edited:
18406ej
18406ej
I was unaware that ThrobbitShane had left. Hopefully he will return soon as he was a productive and knowledgeable member of the OFF family.

troutdude
troutdude
Good point Eamon. I wonder where Throbbit went too.

Chris, sorry you got such an email. Ignore it; or post his/her/it's address on here if you wish. We'll be happy to "follow up".

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
troutdude said:
Good point Eamon. I wonder where Throbbit went too.

Chris, sorry you got such an email. Ignore it; or post his/her/it's address on here if you wish. We'll be happy to "follow up".

Actually, it would eliminate another "Days of Our Lives" event if he were to send the information to a moderator so we can "follow up".

troutdude
troutdude
Great idea Barb (and good morning)...especially if the message was sent using OFF's functions.

He/she/it will have a bug zapper jammed into their face; or maybe elsewhere! :lol:

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nwkiller said:
To bad you promote killing of steelhead and other fish. Bloody fish held by gill plates just go to show how undereducated you really are. Tailing a fish even if put back can have bad results. You people are just pigs!!!! .....

that e-mail shows a high level of ignorance.

it reminds me of a hand painted sign up the Maple Creek arm of Siltcoos Lake, it says something like this: "No Fishing. Leave the salmon alone. Let them spawn and live". :confused: Really, salmon are going to spawn and live?

I am not a fish biologist but last time I checked, so long as enough salmon reach the available/suitable spawning grounds to fully seed them, any excess fish are just going to die without adding to the future population of the species....

I also think that ODFW does an excellent job of managing our fisheries, follow the rules they establish: keep the fish that you legally can, let the others go unharmed. Ignore ignorant people.

L
lilsalmon
Another example of someone hiding behind their monitor.......

C
ChezJfrey
The person probably shouldn't have tried to accuse anyone of being under-educated if the very first word in their rant isn't even spelled correctly :rolleyes:

jamisonace
jamisonace
I just find it ironic that people profess to care this much for fish but have such little regard for other people that they would send an email like this.

Sorry you had this experience....it's happened to me too. Brush it off. An email like this isn't worth worrying about although I am glad you made us aware.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I love it. Great observation.

ChezJfrey said:
The person probably shouldn't have tried to accuse anyone of being under-educated if the very first word in their rant isn't even spelled correctly :rolleyes:

T
TTFishon
Don't worry about it man. I think you're a true sportsman dude!!! You have an awesome blog and you make killer videos! F em! Let the haters hate! It's only an opinion.

M
markasd
Yes it is 'to' bad you had to get this email. 'To' bad he thought you'd care what he thought.. It's too bad he's wasting perfectly good oxygen..

N
nwkiller
Thanks a lot guys.....I will always do my best to be the best sportsman i can, no matter what people say.......merry Christmas everyone....i also will represent the oregonfishingforum from all angles!!!!!!!

troutdude
troutdude
lilsalmon said:
Another example of someone hiding behind their monitor.......

Yep. "Too" much of a chicken s**poopy to man up!

Last edited by a moderator:
troutdude
troutdude
nwkiller said:
represent the oregonfishingforum from all angles!!!!!!!

ha ha ha ... "reppin' from the angles"...LOVE IT!

That could be your new "tag line" NWK!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

N
nwkiller
lol!!!!!

Top Bottom