Removing fish from the water???

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
wow.. really, holy ****.. if you love these things so damn much to be this opinionated... why do you even fish for them... it could hurt them.. your actions and passions don't jive... I don't believe all this false religion, I think it makes you all feel better about what your doing.... like the bowl of white rice to a starving african kid, you never even realize how many the rice kills.. but you tried, and that makes it all good.

i'm sorry that i don't like to see or hear about people handling fish like they are piles of dog **** brad. i believe in proper and respectful fish handling.. is there something wrong with that?

Reactions: colbypearson
H
halibuthitman
I know that 1 out of 3 fish I touch dies.. Ive made my piece with that-

jamisonace
jamisonace
Easy on the self righteous, holier than thou attitudes Colby and Brandon. The statement I made has happened not just in my boat but in your's too. My point is: Fish are mishandled....on accident or on purpose...all the time. You have killed fish you didn't mean to kill. Do you deserve a license Brandon?

My boys learned more about respect not only for the environment but for other people by the time they were 6 than most people will learn in a lifetime. Do they mishandle a fish now and then? Yes, they are kids! Do the fish die? Sure doesn't look like it from the way the swim off just fine but maybe they do, and maybe your's do too.

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
i'm sorry that i don't like to see or hear about people handling fish like they are piles of dog **** brad. i believe in proper and respectful fish handling.. is there something wrong with that?

Wow Brandon; calling peeps a pile dog crap? Just for how they treat THEIR fish? And his license should be revoked? His kids, btw, are little dudes. Teaching kids anything takes TIME, and isn't something they'll learn on the first few trips. Man, I might have to re-think going on trips with you--if this is your true essence.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Damn!:shock: :rolleyes: I sure hope it rains soon....Y'all are starting to sound menopausal....:doh::doh:just sayin'. :whistle:
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
Wow Brandon; calling peeps a pile dog crap? Just for how they treat THEIR fish? And his license should be revoked? His kids, btw, are little dudes. Teaching kids anything takes TIME, and isn't something they'll learn on the first few trips. Man, I might have to re-think going on trips with you--if this is your true essence.
i said i don't like seeing fish being treated like dog crap i wasn't calling anyone dog crap... jeez. i just haven't been in the best mood recently, im tired of being looked at as the bad guy... outta here for a while.. break time

L
lilsalmon
wow......this thread really sucks.....This is exactly why I never make serious comments on here....I like humor.....everybody always knows more than me and practices fishing better than I do....I catch and release a lot of fish and, yeah, maybe some have died. The holier than thou attitude here is exactly why people have left this forum.

I think you all need to apologize to each other. Some of the personal attacks here are totally uncalled for....we are all human and not one of us is perfect....if we were we wouldn't be here on this earth..........

Last edited:
K
Kevinb5688
The reality of it as is simple, its a fish. We catch them for fun and for eating.
Some people keep every fish they can, some release every fish. People need to adopt the motto " to each their own". Practice your ideals but dont preach them. I take pictures of fish and if because of it one dies, im not going to lose any sleep over it. Do i want the released fish to die?of course not, but it happens. If your one of the people who dont want to kill or hurt a fish then the answers simple, dont fish!

E
eat, sleep, fish
jamisonace said:
So I take it there are some who would frown on the way my boys yard fish into the boat, bang them off one side of the boat to the other, drop them on the floor, grab them with both hands, pick them up, drop them to the floor again, watch them slide under the fish box, push them out from under the fish box with a stick, grab them with both hands again and hand them to dad to revive and watch gleefully as the fish swim away in a frantic haste to escape my little monsters.

Sh*t like that happens some times. Getting your kids out there, and teaching them respect for the outdoors is the best thing you can do. If you use something like that as a teaching point, then they'll know more than the average adult by the time they hit their teens.

Most of my experience is with salmon, trout and steelhead in rivers. In that setting the biggest affect on mortality is water temperature and hook placement. You'll kill more fish by using a light rod in warm water, than you will by holding a fish out of the water for awhile for a picture during 3/4 of the year.

L
lilsalmon
Kevinb5688 said:
The reality of it as is simple, its a fish. We catch them for fun and for eating.
Some people keep every fish they can, some release every fish. People need to adopt the motto " to each their own". Practice your ideals but dont preach them. I take pictures of fish and if because of it one dies, im not going to lose any sleep over it. Do i want the released fish to die?of course not, but it happens. If your one of the people who dont want to kill or hurt a fish then the answers simple, dont fish!

Well said....

D
DYJ
I'll take a picture of the nice natives I catch, as long as someone else is there and the camera is ready to go so as soon as I pull the fish out. Then they can snap a pic and then I get it back in the water asap and start to revive it, then send it off.

But then this is how I differ from a lot of people.... I don't post those pictures on the Internet, that way I don't get criticized by some know it all, want to be internet fishing god. That's also the same reason I really don't post on Ifish.

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
this state allows fishing in spawning grounds, bait, treble hooks, double hook set-ups, gillnetting, a non-harrasment of marine mammals policy, retention of native steel in some systems, logging in the headwaters all the way down to the streambed, they have punched a road up the side of every stunning coastal river and polluted and diluted some of the most epic steelhead and salmon native runs in the world with hatchery fish... mis-managed the fishery so bad that they have managed to make native policy and biology look good, placed hydo power dams in the middle of a river that had the largest in numbers and size salmon and steelhead runs in the world, manage the columbia system with no regards to Idahos sports fisheries... and then they have the nerve to tell me how to hold a ****ing fish? Rose if you can get the state to apologize to my son and daughter for what they have done... then I will apologize for my words..

L
lilsalmon
halibuthitman said:
this state allows fishing in spawning grounds, bait, treble hooks, double hook set-ups, gillnetting, a non-harrasment of marine mammals policy, retention of native steel in some systems, logging in the headwaters all the way down to the streambed, they have punched a road up the side of every stunning coastal river and polluted and diluted some of the most epic steelhead and salmon native runs in the world with hatchery fish... mis-managed the fishery so bad that they have managed to make native policy and biology look good, placed hydo power dams in the middle of a river that had the largest in numbers and size salmon and steelhead runs in the world, manage the columbia system with no regards to Idahos sports fisheries... and then they have the nerve to tell me how to hold a ****ing fish? Rose if you can get the state to apologize to my son and daughter for what they have done... then I will apologize for my words..
Brad, you disappoint me. In a perfect world maybe that could happen but the state consists of many different people that make the decisions, here we are just fellow fisher people. It's okay. I really didn't expect much from posting on this thread except, as usual, defending myself.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I think you just nailed it!!!!

I'm talking in my case....not a judgement on anyone else;) All this sunshine is making me ornary!

Raincatcher said:
Damn!:shock: :rolleyes: I sure hope it rains soon....Y'all are starting to sound menopausal....:doh::doh:just sayin'. :whistle:
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
i said i don't like seeing fish being treated like dog crap i wasn't calling anyone dog crap... jeez. i just haven't been in the best mood recently, im tired of being looked at as the bad guy... outta here for a while.. break time

Oh man. I am VERY sorry Brandon. I totally misread that comment. My bad! I really thought that you were a man above that sort of comment/attack. So, I'm glad to see that I was mistaken (about the dog crap thing). Whew!

troutdude
troutdude
DYJ said:
But then this is how I differ from a lot of people.... I don't post those pictures on the Internet, that way I don't get criticized by....

Same here.

jamisonace
jamisonace
All right lil salmon. You inspired me. To tell the truth I was just trying to inject a little humor into the thread and when it went the wrong way I shouldn't have posted what I did back to Colby and Brandon. Sorry about that guys.

In truth, we have banged fish against the boat and once or twice a fish has slid under the fish box. Was it on purpose, of course not, but we learn from our mistakes and hope to do better the next time we land a fish. Of course when your dealing with kids under 7 you can usually expect imperfection. But they are learning and they are going to be better fisherman for the experience. I hope everyone is OK with me renewing our licenses next year :)

lilsalmon said:
wow......this thread really sucks.....This is exactly why I never make serious comments on here....I like humor.....everybody always knows more than me and practices fishing better than I do....I catch and release a lot of fish and, yeah, maybe some have died. The holier than thou attitude here is exactly why people have left this forum.

I think you all need to apologize to each other. Some of the personal attacks here are totally uncalled for....we are all human and not one of us is perfect....if we were we wouldn't be here on this earth..........

C
colbypearson
jamisonace said:
All right lil salmon. You inspired me. To tell the truth I was just trying to inject a little humor into the thread and when it went the wrong way I shouldn't have posted what I did back to Colby and Brandon. Sorry about that guys.

In truth, we have banged fish against the boat and once or twice a fish has slid under the fish box. Was it on purpose, of course not, but we learn from our mistakes and hope to do better the next time we land a fish. Of course when your dealing with kids under 7 you can usually expect imperfection. But they are learning and they are going to be better fisherman for the experience. I hope everyone is OK with me renewing our licenses next year :)

If its a learning point that's fine maybe I read the post wrong, I was partially under the impression that that's a regular occurrence and that it was ok. I just feel its proper to have as little of an impact on a fish that you plan to release as possible or else in some cases it kind-of defeats the purpose. can't imagine why anyone would disagree with that?

Last edited:
E
eugene1
I figured you were just messing around, Jamisonace, but sometimes humor does not come through over the internet. I've had my share of being misunderstood after an email that I thought was hilarious. In fact, one time I thought I was gonna get fired after a particularly bad one. People can take things way too personally and it is usually not intended.

I've had my share of fish bounce around in the boat too, but we've gotten a lot better at handling them if we don't want to keep them.

I was kind of LOLing when you mentioned the boys poking around under the seats with a stick trying to get the fish out! I can see that happening.

You should get your licenses next year!!

jamisonace said:

Last edited:
P
plumb2fish
Pictures are the least of the real worry here....Isn't it torture to purposely yank a piece of metal through the face of something and then jerk it out of its environment by a piece of string? If you all are really worried that you are gonna "harm" a native....by torturing it....FIND A NEW HOBBY

Last edited: