Would you pay this much???

troutdude
troutdude
Would you pay $7,000 to own this reel?

Or, would you pay $9,000 to own this variation?

P.S. The guy that owns these, lives in Dexter Oregon!

P.P.S. The last one of these that I saw on eBay...the starting bid was around $2,500. I don't think it sold at all.

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
To quote my dearly departed mother..."Not no, but, HELL NO!" :mad: :lol::lol::lol:

H
halibuthitman
that would depend on how much money I made, if I was knocking down 1.5 million, I would buy what ever I felt like... but that there is a $1500 reel at best, and I would consider it at that price-

W
wozniasm
troutdude said:
Would you pay $7,000 to own this reel?

If you is Stu - Stu - Stu - Stu - Stupid! Or more money than brains!

C
capblack
i would buy a boat instead

S
salmon_slayer87
Yea i agree with capblack. you could outfit yourself with some high quality gear and a boat for that price....I say, Good Luck. haha

J
jawjacker
There has to be a good reason those reels are so rare. Since modern reels don't look anything like those mitchels they must not have sold well back then and I dang sure wouldn't have any thing to do with one now. I see more potenial using a five cent beer can for a reel than that miserable hunk of junk. What ever makes some rich dude feel cool.

W
waco
$7000 for a reel!! And I'm dreaming of getting a $100 fly reel and I can't afford it!!

L
Lamzy
I have a Mitchell reel. Left handed with extra spool. I would be willing to let it go for $2.000
KiltedBob

troutdude
troutdude
jawjacker said:
There has to be a good reason those reels are so rare. Since modern reels don't look anything like those mitchels they must not have sold well back then and I dang sure wouldn't have any thing to do with one now. I see more potenial using a five cent beer can for a reel than that miserable hunk of junk. What ever makes some rich dude feel cool.

One of them is likely the only one made. The other is the only one of 17 still known to exist (out of only 60 made), and only one still in the box. They were specially made for championship casting distance tourney's...not for the mass market. However, what this guy is asking for them is RIDICULOUS!

troutdude
troutdude
Lamzy said:
I have a Mitchell reel. Left handed with extra spool. I would be willing to let it go for $2.000 KiltedBob

...and you'd be laughing all the way to the bank too! LOL

L
Lamzy
troutdude said:
...and you'd be laughing all the way to the bank too! LOLou
You betya! I'd use the money to put new gutters on my house or make a down payment on a "Westy"
KiltedBob

B
Boombollie
Shoot....I can't even afford braces for my daughter and I hitch hiked to the Siuslaw a few weeks ago to get a few hours of fishing in for lack of gas money! HA!

H
halibuthitman
its fishing history.. and its cool, I can't believe people fix up Mustangs.... and camaros, both bigger pieces of **** than those reels-