Surf fishing at Lincoln City tomorrow 8/20

PK Yi
PK Yi
I plan on hitting lincoln city again for some surf fishing tomorrow thursday, 8/20. probably be there around 2pm. if anyone wants to meet up, that'd be cool. I'd be right down from the west shore motel.

some good redtail fishing there, if you don't already know. check my video for when I was there last time.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq098qUGQO0

Casting Call
Casting Call
Hi! Sammy! Are you going to be over on the coast for just one day? I made plans for newport already but friday in lincoln city works for me. PM me with a phone number. Tony

PK Yi
PK Yi
Casting Call said:
Hi! Sammy! Are you going to be over on the coast for just one day? I made plans for newport already but friday in lincoln city works for me. PM me with a phone number. Tony

yea. just for one day, thursday tomorrow. but definitely heading out again in the near future.

T
troutmasta
I'll be out there on Friday =)

Casting Call
Casting Call
Where at TM? Tony

T
troutmasta
I'm thinking lincoln city. I was gonna do Barview but lincoln city is more 'wife friendly'.

How was the fishing the other day Sammy?

PK Yi
PK Yi
troutmasta said:
I'm thinking lincoln city. I was gonna do Barview but lincoln city is more 'wife friendly'.

How was the fishing the other day Sammy?

last trip to lincoln city was good. had a lot of fun, and caught some good size redtails. today however, was lousy. surf was ROUGH, which was odd because it wasn't really windy either. was using a 3 oz weight and that did not do the trick so I left after an hour. looking to return next week, hopefully it'll be more calm.

C
cdumitru78
Thats weird, I have experienced that as well, when the surf is rough, regardless of wind conditions, fishing for perch stinks. If I cannot stay out there with 3 oz weight, I tend to give up.

R
rippin fish lips
sammy said:
last trip to lincoln city was good. had a lot of fun, and caught some good size redtails. today however, was lousy. surf was ROUGH, which was odd because it wasn't really windy either. was using a 3 oz weight and that did not do the trick so I left after an hour. looking to return next week, hopefully it'll be more calm.

Newport is usually pretty calm wind wise. But to the south of it and to the north, the dins has been up and beating the coast line coming from the north blowing to the south. Those hot days in the valley gets that wind to kick up any good amount of wind with sea waves of 2-3 feet, you bet ya there will be some rough surf. It's supposed to cool down in the valley, which means nicer weather on the coast, less wind, maybe some more sun and AM fog. That can only make fishing better!

Casting Call
Casting Call
Sammy I stopped by west shore around 4:00pm yesterday. I talked to the manager and some visitors. They said two people fishing early today but left after a short while. Sorry I missed you. Invite me next time you go. I have a spot to show you. Tony........T....m did you fish friday?

PK Yi
PK Yi
Casting Call said:
Sammy I stopped by west shore around 4:00pm yesterday. I talked to the manager and some visitors. They said two people fishing early today but left after a short while. Sorry I missed you. Invite me next time you go. I have a spot to show you. Tony........T....m did you fish friday?

no, didn't go today. was there yesterday but left early due to heavy surf. I'll be going again next week on wednesday. I'd love to see that spot.

I'm heading out to barview tomorrow.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Which barview? Tony

PK Yi
PK Yi
T
troutmasta
I fished Licnoln City and Newport. Tore the Perch up at Lincoln City, got one slug that was at least 2 pounds. It was even ripping drag! We picked up a nice Black Bass at Newport. The surf was rough at LC we just had to keep our eyes on the waves and re cast when we got washed up. I ran 2 oz or weight and used artificial worms. First time Surf Perching, and what a blast. My only regret is not protecting my face, i look like a lobster with the sun and wind burn!

Last edited by a moderator:
PK Yi
PK Yi
nice! that one on the right is a biggun. surf fishing is fun, really surprise more people aren't doing it. every time I go to lincoln city, I'm the only shmuck out there.

Casting Call
Casting Call
sammy said:
nice! that one on the right is a biggun. surf fishing is fun, really surprise more people aren't doing it. every time I go to lincoln city, I'm the only shmuck out there.
Call me a shmuck also. Once I find a perch schooling spot, I brakeout the bugwand of the shrimp jigs(sented ones)just like the one in ur vid. I would like to have caught that 2# slug on my 6wt. bugwand. I'll try to get to Garibaldi for late high tide. Look for the road crew vest halfway down the bar, bayside. I may even drop a couple of crab traps north of town. Hope to see you.....Tony

C_Run
C_Run
Nice catch, troutmasta.

Casting Call
Casting Call
sammy said:
I fished a 1/4 mile north of BV jetty. Did fair, also caught three nice size crabs, 2-dun.& 1-big red. Fishing the high tide 9am mon. morn. at day light for sea trout and perch at FishingRock in Lincoln city. Wenesday I don't know about yet. Tony

T
troutmasta
I'll be out Tuesday evening before the high tide. Might do some rock fishing in depot bay as well.

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
You a yaker troutmasta?

I want to get up to speed on the costal fishing. Still a total noob. Location location location, right?