Creek Company pontoon...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Just double checking, I just bought Autofisher a Creek Company pontoon from a guy on Craigslist and want to make sure it's a good one. I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about them. Your thoughts would be appreciated. :)

D
DrTheopolis
I've rowed one (friend has 2, rarely get used since he also has a DB) many times. No complaints. Great boats for the reasonable price. Certainly not top-of-the-line, but certainly fully-functional, and have held up well to light abuse.

He'll love it. But might want to upgrade the oarlocks, which seems to be most people's main complaint with them. We just tie them down firmly with parachute cord, and they stay in place just fine.

B
Berg03
ive owned 2 so far. Never had any issues with them, have floated a few mild rivers and did great. Wouldnt take them down any hard rivers but GREAT pond/lake pontoon! :D

T
Throbbit _Shane
Raincatcher said:
Just double checking, I just bought Autofisher a Creek Company pontoon from a guy on Craigslist and want to make sure it's a good one. I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about them. Your thoughts would be appreciated. :)

I sold Autofisher my old Creek Co. pontoon a couple years ago. Like said earlier are great boats for the money.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great! Thanks, guys. :thumb: I found this one on Craigslist for $100. Somehow, Autofisher blew the outer covers on the one he got from you, Shane. I tried to get him to fix it with Gorilla tape...:)
By the way, it's for his birthday, so shhhhhhhh. ;)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I'm such a pushover! :blushing: Went up to Lake Oswego and picked up the toon this morning. The young man was very nice and patient. He had to be patient, he lives in a huge apartment complex and had to talk me through the maze just to get to his place. Anyway, I was so excited to see the toon looked nearly new ( he said he used it 3 times)! I loaded it up and took it straight to Chemeketa where Mike was working. I explained to his supervisor what I had in the van and was given permission to kidnap him. :flex: The ear to ear grin made the trip SO worth the trip! :D Guess who's hitting the water Sunday? Score one for Momma! :thumb: