Question: catfishing spots

A
Andywb26
I live in the Beaverton area and am wanting to catch some catfish. Does anybody know any good spots?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum! :thumb: After trolling around some other sites I found this list: Sauvies Island, Multnomah Channel, Gilbert River by Sauvies Island, and Hagg Lake. Hope these help and hope to see posts and pics of your success.

A
Andywb26
Raincatcher said:
Welcome to the forum! :thumb: After trolling around some other sites I found this list: Sauvies Island, Multnomah Channel, Gilbert River by Sauvies Island, and Hagg Lake. Hope these help and hope to see posts and pics of your success.

Thank you! It does help, I fish Hagg for trout all the time but I have never heard of the other places you mentioned. Thanks a lot!

A
amnis
a great spots in the summer is progress lake in the Beaverton Tigard area, at night it can produce 30 plus fish. Though they aren't always large have fun!

Reactions: Raincatcher
F
FishOn420
Andywb26 said:
I live in the Beaverton area and am wanting to catch some catfish. Does anybody know any good spots?

I lived in Beaverton for a while and loved catching cat fish. They are some feisty little fighters and are tasty. I have had pretty good luck at the Bethany Pond and Common Wealth Lake (not the greatest spot due to people) hagg lake and my money hole is in the Multnomah channel. I always use a Carolina set up with a 1-2oz sliding sinker with good night crawlers. You will be slaying them in no time. Tight lines.

D
DrTheopolis
You live in Oregon -- just say no to catfish. Yeah, yeah, I know you grew up catching them... time to give that up, and enjoy the wonderful bounty Oregon has to OFFer.

But (assuming it's not closed at night now) Commonwealth at night used to rock.

A
Andywb26
DrTheopolis said:
You live in Oregon -- just say no to catfish. Yeah, yeah, I know you grew up catching them... time to give that up, and enjoy the wonderful bounty Oregon has to OFFer.

But (assuming it's not closed at night now) Commonwealth at night used to rock.

I grew up catching trout actually. I just love catfish. I'm not going to eat them, just catch and release because I'm fascinated by these fish. Thank your for you input!

And thank you to everyone else as well!

A
Andywb26
amnis said:
a great spots in the summer is progress lake in the Beaverton Tigard area, at night it can produce 30 plus fish. Though they aren't always large have fun!

Is Progress open to fishing at night? If so my I may be heading out shortly.

A
amnis
Yes sir! Now it appears that the catfish are the only thriving specie in progress. The trout, carp, koi, and small amount of bluegills are gone.. Its a bummer.. Have fun fishing.

S
sapo
Yep ^^...

There's a few monster trout (5 pounds plus) in there but they're hunkered down til winter/spring