Alsea opener!!

K
Kevinb5688
Well i seen a bunch of guys trying to keep warm around the meat hole near the alsea hatchery. Lol
I didn't see any action, and after trying up river for a bit i took off and headed to some spots i know of around the town.
The day ended with 1 steelhead lost at the bank, and 2 salmon, one 15lbs and one pushing 25.
Fun day on the water but it could use some rain. I can't believe how many salmon are in there. I had about 100 fish go upriver where i was fishing.(all salmon were released unharmed)
How did you guys/gal's do who were out there fishing?

brandon4455
brandon4455
wow sounds epic.. :clap: can't wait to head out there

H
hillbilly
looked low clear and full of people not full of fish

L
lamislayer
any fish in the trap yet?

troutdude
troutdude
Hey alumaweld...go get a real job.

K
Kevinb5688
lamislayer said:
any fish in the trap yet?

There was a handfull of fish, but i was there friday doing some recon and they had it drained. So its been on for 24 hours at most.
There is a lot more fish on twards fall creek ( inbetween fall creek and the town of alsea). I didn't see any fish in the stretch by the alsea hatchery. Its low and really clear.
The boAt launch east of alsea was refuge to quite a few salmon and a few steelhead were reported caught from some boaters in the area.
Hope that helps!!
Tight lines

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thanks for the info, Kevin. Scouting reports are great for those of us who can't get out as often as we want.

K
Kevinb5688
Raincatcher said:
Thanks for the info, Kevin. Scouting reports are great for those of us who can't get out as often as we want.

Your welcome. I was hopeing someone on here caught some steelhead on the north alsea. I personally couldnt keep my offerings away from the salmon long enough.

F
flytrekker1007
what did you catch the steelhead on, as far as corkie, bait, ect?

K
Kevinb5688
I was floating a pink and white jig