Taking a trip to Prineville for the first time

R
Ripnlips
Hello I'm a first time poster and I've never been to prineville res but am a pretty avid bass fisherman, any pointers on post spawn locations to find some decent fish would be greatly appreciated!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Welcome to the forum. I've fished Prineville a few time but not for bass. I've fished for crappie by the moorage near the state park and trout across the reservoir from the state park. The far upper end of the reservoir is shallower and looked like bass water to me. The dam end is the deepest section.

H
hydropsyche
Bear creek arm is full of crappie, bullhead, smallies and some nice large mouth. The whole side from the dam up bear creek holds good fish. I don't know much about the rest of the reservoir good luck.

R
Ripnlips
Awesome thanks for the info. I've heard it can be a struggle this time of year so hopefully we can get onto some fish, I'm just excited to check out some new water and scenery. But it's always better when your catching em.

W
wils
wacky robo worm in purple/magenta color and a small split shot on 6# anywhere there is a rocky shore for SMB. Keep moving until you find biters; then keep moving. Check limits and size requirements for the lake before you go. Theres a ramp at the dam if youre going there from Bend.

C
cpeaslee
Fish tight against the deep rocks where the high rock wall goes deep into to the water. It's deep and shaded, bass are holding tight against thesev walls. Cast a drop shot rig with a black or green finesse worm. Let it sink several feet down and twitch it with short quick jerks all the way to the boat. There are some of these rocks right off the boat ramp at Jasper and also heard down towards the dam below dinosaur back.

You'll get em. Good luck.

R
Ripnlips
Much appreciated

Much appreciated

Once again thanks for all the advice, we had a great day and caught a ton of fish, SM ran pretty small but caught a couple pounders, my dad caught a 3.6 and 4.2 pound LM against the tall rocks.