Diamond Lake info.

T
trouthunter
Hello everyone I will be going to Diamond lake for a few days of fishing and relaxing. I have not fished
Diamond lake for over 20 years and was just curious as to how the fishing has been and what is best
used. I will not be using a fly rod so any info that someone offers will be appreciated. Will write up
a report when I get back. Thank you

jamisonace
jamisonace
Check out the diamond lake website

trouthunter said:
Hello everyone I will be going to Diamond lake for a few days of fishing and relaxing. I have not fished
Diamond lake for over 20 years and was just curious as to how the fishing has been and what is best
used. I will not be using a fly rod so any info that someone offers will be appreciated. Will write up
a report when I get back. Thank you

troutdude
troutdude
http://www.diamondlake.net/1005/Page.aspx

From ODFW:

Head out to Diamond Lake for some of the state’s best trout fishing. Big fish, big lake, big views – Diamond Lake has it all! Spend a day at Oregon’s Gem of the Cascades or stay a while at the Diamond Lake Resort or Forest Service Campgrounds.

Diamond Lake is stocked with rainbow trout that grow fat on summertime bug hatches. The lake is open year-round, including ice fishing. Some of the best fishing is after ice-off in April, May and early June. Fall fishing is also fabulous – and peaceful – when tourist season slows and water temperatures begin to cool.

Bank anglers can fish near the resort, near Lake Creek and throughout Forest Service Campgrounds. The best boat fishing is on the south end of the lake near Silent Creek and on the north end in deep waters. Trolling with a variety of spinners and lures is effective. When anchored near Silent Creek or Lake Creek, try flies or PowerBait.

2015 Fishing Season Highlights

Season open - minimum length with one over 20 inches and 2 daily limits in possession.
Fish stocking: 300,000 fingerlings.

NO LIVE FISH USED FOR BAIT! Report anyone using live fish for bait to Oregon State Police at 541-440-3334 or the TIP line, 1-800-452-7888.

T
twout
Unfortunately a lot of reports I have heard are not very encouraging and it seems Diamond has declined since the great rebound after the poisoning. If your looking for 8-10 in stockers you should do ok. I have heard trolling spinners with a piece of nightcrawler has been producing. I will not be there until the second week in July so only going off of others who have been fishing it.

G
grampa ron
You better take something to keep the bugs off! Some kind of netting to hang from a hat. The bugs can be worse than bad!

S
SteelieRn
I went in May, See my report further down. We used small rapalas on the surface and frog colored Krocodiles at 15ft on the downriggers. Bothe at approx. 80 to 100 ft behind the boat. Limits all 3 days. Others at the cheese hole were getting a few, but not like we did. Good luck, It's a very pretty area.

F
fishnfella
It should be no great surprise that it's true the fishing at Diamond has reverted to 8-10" stockers. That 8 fish limit with use of bait allowed resulted in mobs of meat hogs playing C&R with bait culling
for the larger fish till they all gone to the fry pan. The limit is OBSCENE for any F&G agency to impose with todays fishing pressure and made worse by ice fishing allowed when the fish are starving.
The rehab was a success but the patient died due to incompetent management regulations designed apparently to destroy their success.

troutdude
troutdude
I've seen lots of reports, of big fish caught this year. So I'd say, give it another go.