Lost net, please keep your eye out

B
Bucknasty
Lost Frabill rubber catch and release net on siuslaw below rain rock :(:(

Took my dad salmon/steelhead fishing this morning, on river at rain rock at daylight with hopes of winter steel. Dad makes three casts before i can even get my rods assembled.. bam fish on.. chrome little coho just a perk :cool: get fish close to boat.. reach to net.. dislocate shoulder...WTF... net in river and on bottom of river... missed fish.. dad reaches down to release fish with plyers and we proceed to hospital :rolleyes: So if you see this net or happen to find this net i will be glad to reward someone with some fine home brew (ipa) or there choice of brew from a store or a dinner or 20$ (sorry not a super generous offer but its what i can do, i need a new net) please pm me Cheers, Bob

S
Spydeyrch
Dude, sorry about your lost net. I lost a nice Frabill rubber c&r net a few months back too. totally sucks. I hope you get it back soon.

And sorry to hear about the dislocated shoulder!! OUCH!!!! :shock:

-Spydey

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Bucknasty said:
Lost Frabill rubber catch and release net on siuslaw below rain rock :(:(

Took my dad salmon/steelhead fishing this morning, on river at rain rock at daylight with hopes of winter steel. Dad makes three casts before i can even get my rods assembled.. bam fish on.. chrome little coho just a perk :cool: get fish close to boat.. reach to net.. dislocate shoulder...WTF... net in river and on bottom of river... missed fish.. dad reaches down to release fish with plyers and we proceed to hospital :rolleyes: So if you see this net or happen to find this net i will be glad to reward someone with some fine home brew (ipa) or there choice of brew from a store or a dinner or 20$ (sorry not a super generous offer but its what i can do, i need a new net) please pm me Cheers, Bob

Those rubber Frabills are niiiice. I'll keep an eye out. Might even give it back. ;)

Good luck.

N
nwkiller
damn that sucks......

P
plumb2fish
Bummer on both counts...

B
Bucknasty
Thanks guys!! Was thinking as soon as I get some range of motion back I'm gonna head down to rain rock with my dry suit and snorkel... Recon mission, operation frabill :)

J
JeannaJigs
Well if home brewed beer is the reward, that's almost motivation to try snagging it lol.

That's crappy. How the eff did you dislocate your shoulder?! Bet that made for an interesting rest of the float. Crappy time of year for a shoulder injury. Hope that heals up quickly with no residual issues.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Bucknasty said:
Recon mission, operation frabill :)

I was going down the North Santiam in the spring once and saw something that I thought was a net in the middle of a run about 5 or 6 down. So I strip down, walk up the bank a bit dive in (COLD) and start swimming. Missed the damn thing on the first first dive down and had to go further up the bank. Got it on the second pass: A broken child's size canoe paddle, I was so pissed lol. My buddy told me I was crazy before I hit the water, I should have listened. I was cold the rest of the day but I got the damned thing hahah...

So your shoulder, dislocate lifting the fish or just one of those random shoulder injuries? A buddy tore his rotater lifting an empty guitar case... :rolleyes: Plagued him for years.

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
JeannaJigs said:
Well if home brewed beer is the reward, that's almost motivation to try snagging it lol.

That's crappy. How the eff did you dislocate your shoulder?! Bet that made for an interesting rest of the float. Crappy time of year for a shoulder injury. Hope that heals up quickly with no residual issues.

that would be a funny until OSP rolled up....."um, im just trying to snag my net...."

T
Thuggin4Life
That suck all the way around. Good luck.

B
Bucknasty
GZ that story is hilarious, also a bummer.. I love your commitment!! So my shoulder has been an issue since i was 21...I jacked it up when i was really into whitewater kayaking on a stout canyon/gorge run down in Cali.. 8 years later i have had the thing completely rebuilt and am waiting to have it rebuilt again : ( But i like to keep the cup half full so here are the pro's for the day.. We were only one riffle down from the put in so dad was able to rope the boat back up to the put in avoiding a very uncomfortable float. Dad still was able to manage a fish for the day in the short time we were on the water which kept the day from being a total skunk ; ) And all of this happened while my wife was in school ; ) lmao!! anyhow i truly appreciate all of the concerns and responses! Jeanna its mighty fine home brew too, only a few things in life im good at lol.. Dislocating my shoulder, fishing and brewing beer! lol cheers, Bob