Fishing competition advice needed

T
tgerke1
A bunch of friends and I are doing a year-long competition to see who can catch the most different species of fish on the fly. I'm still a little new to the Portland area and am looking for advice and suggestions on where to catch some random fish species. What I would love some help on finding are:

panfish other than bluegill (yes they all count, redear, warmouth, pumpkinseed, green sunfish, etc.)
black/white crappie
perch
bass other than large and smallmouth
pikeminnow
chub
kokanee
saltwater fish?
other weird species I wouldn't even be aware of

The ones I'm pretty sure i know how to get or have gotten already are:
bluegill
carp
small/largemouth bass
pike
brown trout
brook trout
bull trout
cutthroat trout
channel cat
sucker
whitefish
salmons

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. It has to be caught on a fly rod/reel so deep water fish like sturgeon and halibut are not great options for me.

S
SpringerBT
American shad are in for the next few weeks at Bonneville. They can be caught on a fly.

T
tgerke1
SpringerBT said:
American shad are in for the next few weeks at Bonneville. They can be caught on a fly.

Hmm, you fish the shad down below the dam or up in the reservoir? That one wasn't even on my list! I know one of my buddies out in NC missed his run though.
thanks for the post.

S
SpringerBT
I fish below the dam. They are also available in the Willamette.

S
sapo
You can fly fish off jetties and rock outcroppings into the ocean with big saltwater streamers for rockfish and whatever you can catch..
For the panfish and crappie try Hagg, but if you have any way to get access to lake Tilikum that would be your best bet
I've caught pike minnow in fanno creek on the fly before lol, pretty much every river has them

T
tgerke1
sapo said:
You can fly fish off jetties and rock outcroppings into the ocean with big saltwater streamers for rockfish and whatever you can catch..
For the panfish and crappie try Hagg, but if you have any way to get access to lake Tilikum that would be your best bet
I've caught pike minnow in fanno creek on the fly before lol, pretty much every river has them

sapo,

thanks for the info. I actually work just across I5 from there! I'll hit it one night after work, maybe tomorrow.

Any other weird random gems in that area?