1st winter..when will it be?

J
jawjacker
I thought foe sure it was in the bag, but the fish turhed out to be my largest searun cutty to date...23" 4+lbs....
Very nice that things a brutus.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Looks like a few we caught on the Alsea a couple years ago. Thought they were winters but they had to much color. Ours were hatchery fish I think, must have flushed out of the hatchery. :D

C_Run
C_Run
Hate to be bumping my old post but I just got back from being out of town several days and I'm still not seeing a picture of a winter steelhead . Or, did I miss it? Maybe I should give folks a chance to get back from their holiday fishing and make their reports.

R
RunWithSasquatch
I havent seen any on this forum yet, have seen a few on others. Gonna give my first shot on Tues.

M
Marvin's Guide Service
How about the first springer? lol

W
waco
I almost got it today, but couldnt landed it!!! Man it was so bright!!!

M
mastercaster
Hooked one sat but it was a short encounter . Lost it as soon as I realized he was on

H
halibuthitman
am I gonna have to go do it? sheesh

R
RunWithSasquatch
guidem said:
How about the first springer? lol

Thats no joke... im sure one will show up on Ifish by the end of December, or the beginning of Jan

W
waco
halibuthitman said:
I guess so!!! That creek is tough!!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Went on my first 'steelhead quest' of the winter. Went 1 for 2 with this little guy, and hooked another fish in the 8-10lb class that come undone pretty quick... had to much line out and didn't get a good hook set.

Both hit imitation eggs, yarn, and anise.

Back at it again tomorrow.

IMG_1428.jpg

W
waco
Dang it!! I wanted to be the first one I had faith I was getting it tomorrow!!! Congrats!!

R
RunWithSasquatch
waco said:
Dang it!! I wanted to be the first one I had faith I was getting it tomorrow!!! Congrats!!

Waco!! I forgot to mention it was a coho!!!:lol:

Sorry for the misunderstanding... atleast I diagnosed it as a coho... it could have gone either way... But im sure its a jack... it was about 20''

S
Santiam338
RunWithSasquatch said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding... atleast I diagnosed it as a coho... it could have gone either way... But im sure its a jack... it was about 20''

Then whats it doing in the first steelhead thread???...Needs to go over to the salmon thread..:lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
R
RunWithSasquatch
:lol:

Santiam338 said:
Then whats it doing in the first steelhead thread???...Needs to go over to the salmon thread..:lol::lol::lol:

I was just stating my effort in the subject! Trying again in the morning, going after a bigger creek this time.

S
Santiam338
Well, My money is on you...I figure you are about to catch one..

S
skunk
You guys are so excited your posting non steel fish and hoping they pass for steel! Crazy!!! haha.

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
W
waco
RunWithSasquatch said:

You got me!!! Yeah what is your coho doing here in this thread??
Anyways I'm getting my first one tomorrow in a bigger creek also!!!

R
RunWithSasquatch
waco said:
You got me!!! Yeah what is your coho doing here in this thread??
Anyways I'm getting my first one tomorrow in a bigger creek also!!!

I can't wait to see your fish!

Ill see if I can post a real steelhead tomorrow too!

H
halibuthitman
halibuthitman said:
well 7 hrs of hard fishing today ended with 0-1.. and a couple hard hits.. I guess I couldn't back up the smack talk... I won't be able to fish again for 10 days, so Im putting my money on waco and his flyrod... so will it be gear... or fur?