East Lake fishing

T
Trippysmurf
Anyone here fly fish the east lake area? Decided me and my buddy were going to hit up east lake and Paulina lake and figured any advice on flies for that area if possible would be welcomed. Thanks a bunch

T
Trippysmurf
uh oh 24 views and not a reply.....that mean I picked a bad place to fly fish at for my vacay lol

C
coyo7e
Callibaetis and chrominids. If you've got a boat jigging can do well. Try near the hots springs if it's still cold.

You can probably find some more specific info if you check the caddis fly shop's blog archives, or google around a little bit. I haven't been in there in a long time but there's a great range of fish in there. My folks are going up there in a week or two but I doubt they'll fish, or at least try anything seriously or knowledgeably so they won't provide much of a report.

T
Trippysmurf
well for 1 day me and my buddy are fishing east lake then as we are camping at paulina lake and it is getting stocked the next day we will get a boat there and try our luck if we can. Not sure how cold it will be in the middle of june though. Someone told me in June the fish are more all over the place or something like that. Never been to this place ever but all the goodies around it is what drew me and i can't resist putting a fly in anywhere i go now a days it seems lol

S
steelhead_slayer
Big callibeatis Hatch. You can catch quite a few fish in a day using drird, emergers, and nymphs

4labs
4labs
I spent some time there at both lakes. Mainly trolling but did fly fish off the shore in front of the cabins.You need a shooting head unless your in a boat.No boat at least a float tube.WEEDS are the problem.The store at east lake has everything you need and a great fly selection.These two lakes are are my top pick of any lakes in OR. just for shier beauty.And take a ride up to the lookout peak for a sidetrip the road can be ruff.You need a day pass. Also BEARS at night if your camping.Check out east lake resorts website.30 fish a day is not uncommon.
God bless

T
Trippysmurf
I am renting a boat for my fishing time there. Do I need to reline my reel with intermediate sinking line or has anyone here had good luck with an alternate way to drop a line deeper?