Saturday/Sunday Siltcoos salmon

N
nwkiller
hit the lake saturday......fishing was slow for us....ran into andy and the "guide status" boat, with a fish in the box......he had a great day, but ill let him tell you about that......we ended up getting into one....
100_0356.jpg
he was about 8 lbs and chrome as a bullet.
we stayed the night near the lake....so we hit it early sunday morning.....heard of a nice chrome fish being netted lower down from us.......around 9:30am a slight raing began to fall....love the rain.......FISH ON.....my buddy is into another nice chrome fish..
100_0360.jpg
..this one weighed in at 13 lbs.....
was definitly his weekend, he ended up with one off the boat and one off the bank......

E
eugene1
Awesome specimens!!

Thanks for the pix.

Did you get em on plugs or spinners?

N
nwkiller
both, and we seen....i think it was NWdunerider....if so....nice chatting with you....did you have any luck

thanks eugene1

R
RunWithSasquatch
Nice silvers dude!

F
Fish a holic
Those are really nice fish, way to go.

If I don't catchem at least I can come here to see em

N
nwkiller
thanks, i feel the same way when i have a bad day......."hope someone got something nice", is what im usaully thinking...

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish man! Way better than the ones we got saturday. Glad you guys were there to help net that one fish. Still don't know how that thing even made it back out from over there.

N
nwkiller
thanks man, no problem on the assist....we were thinking the same thing...that fish had all the signs of a .....hung up and fish gone...then.....he's back.....that was a nice silver jack u guys had....and dark or not u had some nice fights!

T
Thuggin4Life
you guys missed the first one it took me a good 10 minutes to get it in. it kept trying to go around that last corner while i tryed to hold the boat in the current and not go downstream while convincing that fish to come up to the boat. almost wish we would have kept bears fish. but then he wouldnt have gotten to eat that jack. you guys cook any fish down there i seen a bbq sitting outside next to your guys's camp.

N
nwkiller
the water really rips through that corner! not to mention all the trees right there......
well we were gonna cook some but my buddies mom showed up with all the thanksgiving fixens from T-day...it was epic.......next time we should just plan to do shore lunch there before the second half of the day....saturday would have been perfect with no rain

T
TTFishon
Nice job NWK!!! Those are some sweet looking fish!!!

N
nwkiller
thanks man.....they were more then we could ask for

J
JeannaJigs
Shirt yeah mang.

I'm tempted...if the dam is open still to run down there with my boat. Except that I've checked out and have steelitis something fierce so I'll be up north.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
gotta love those shiny silver coho, thanks for posting the pictures.

N
nwkiller
thanks roger and no propblem

N
nwdunerider
No luck on sunday . We tried all parts of the lake . Lots of boats just outside maple arm but no action.
nwkiller got a nice cromer in the outlet. Its was good to chat with him too
Like thuggin said there was a pretty good current in the channell , made it hard to manuver an 18 ft boat.
My son was at tahkenitch this morning , said it is a bluebird day on the coast , but not even one fish rolling. What has happened over there this year, last year we were doing great, but I havent seen 1 adult yet !

N
nwkiller
definetly a new year.... glad to somewhat meet you, ill have to say more next time...lol....keep on it, i have a feeling there will be another small push of fish in the next few weeks..