New fly fisher here and new to OFF

T
Trippysmurf
Well nice to meet anyone who takes the time to read this. Eugene fisher here. Super super new to flyfishing. My questions to you all here is when it comes to waders and boots has anyone here used to simple Bi-mart brand waders with felt boots? Only reason I ask is I spent a lot more then planned on my rod setup so cheaper may help a little as I am trying to find an awesome float tube for cheap....Any advice super apperciated and once again it is nice to meet all of you.

B
Berg03
i use the breathable bimart waders. around 75$ and their felt boots. you can always dress warm under ur waders, can't always dress cool

Reactions: Raincatcher
T
Trippysmurf
Right on. Glad to know they work then. Was given some advice that I may want to reinforce any inside spots with an extra sealant. Think that would be needed or they good as is?

T
TimberTodd
can't comment on the Bi-Mart waders, but want to say welcome to OFF. What wt. and length of rod did you purchase?

S
sapo
Welcome to off! As long as your waders don't leak you'll be fine haha.
Ya I have the same questions as TT

T
Trippysmurf
Thank you for the welcomes. Would of gotten here sooner but I was down at the division street bridge for a bit today using my new rod. Caught my first trout on it today :). I bought an Echo 5 weight 9' rod. Still trying to figure out what i am doing with the flies, but got some awesome help by a fly fisher i ran into on the water today.

S
Socaaron
Good choice with the 5wt best all-around rod there is IMO. As for the waders, well I've purchased pairs from $60-250 and I'm lucky to go a season without a leak somewhere it's just the way things go with them, so find some you like and upgrade when you're ready. Disclaimer I'm pretty rough on my waders lots of pushing through brush, climbing around on rocks, things of that nature...lol

B
Berg03
Trippysmurf said:
Right on. Glad to know they work then. Was given some advice that I may want to reinforce any inside spots with an extra sealant. Think that would be needed or they good as is?

Ive had my pair for 5 years now and no leak so far... but that could just be me. would not hurt to seal the inside.

S
Stonefish
If you haven't bought waders yet, you might want to hold off until fall.
We are entering prime wet wading time in the NW.
Buy a pair of inexpensive neoprene sock and wear your wading boots.
Wet wading makes fishing so much more confortable in the summer in my opinion then wearing waders.
SF

T
Trippysmurf
i went with the basic bi-mart special allens with felt shoes also from allens. Anyone know how to clean the felt? Only staying in one waterway right now until i figure that part out lol

P
Paul Smith
I live in Lebanon, work in Eugene and fish as much as possible. Mostly swing flies for steelhead, hit me up if your ever interested in trying that (now is a good time). I have extra gear and always enjoy helping out anyone getting into fly fishing.

T
TimberTodd
Paul Smith said:
I live in Lebanon, work in Eugene and fish as much as possible. Mostly swing flies for steelhead, hit me up if your ever interested in trying that (now is a good time). I have extra gear and always enjoy helping out anyone getting into fly fishing.
:thumb: Very kind offer!