Searun cutty

P
plumb2fish
It is a sea run cutthroat in spawning colors, I love the armchair Bio's with all their "knowledge"....If I didn't know what I had caught, don't ya think I would have posed a QUESTION?

H
halibuthitman
plumb2fish said:
It is a sea run cutthroat in spawning colors, I love the armchair Bio's with all their "knowledge"....If I didn't know what I had caught, don't ya think I would have posed a QUESTION?
I thought it might be a lost sea-run Argentine brown trout.... but was afraid of getting torched for guessing...:shock:;)

P
plumb2fish
halibuthitman said:
I thought it might be a lost sea-run Argentine brown trout.... but was afraid of getting torched for guessing...:shock:;)

LMAO.....too funny. Maybe I should just ask what I've caught from now on....and then ask if it was OK to keep or not....

brandon4455
brandon4455
i wasn't saying it's not a sea run cutthroat. just stated usually sea runs or coastal residents in general dont have a red stripe. usually greenback,westlope or lahontan... do jeez :rolleyes:

H
halibuthitman
its all funnin Brandon... its a shame orvis simms and patagonia don't make gear that covers thin skin or feelings on our sleeves, toughen up.. its a bull **** fest out there-

R
rippin fish lips
Nice catch bro!

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
halibuthitman said:
its all funnin Brandon... its a shame orvis simms and patagonia don't make gear that covers thin skin or feelings on our sleeves, toughen up.. its a bull **** fest out there-

Wait - you're saying that Simms nor Patagonia released their Kevlar infused Thin Skin Angling Atire for 2011? Is it on the 2012 calendar and available for pre-order? Maybe it's time to call the Tactical Tailor and see if he can make fishing clothes...

BTW - I thought that fish was a Mexican Golden Dorado - Brook Trout hybrid. It was obviously not caught on the south coast of Oregon, it was caught in a rainforest stream in Nicaragua. HA! Plumb almost had us all fooled ;)

Last edited:
B
bigthackara
What a fish! Thats a fish of a lifetime!!!
I love how everyone chimes in about what you caught! How bout we get pics of all the other 23" cutthroat that people on here have caught and compare? LOL

It does seem like the bigger a cutthroat gets, the more its colors differ from that of a typical cutthroat. I use to swear I was catching cuttbows all the time, till I asked a biologist about one day. He said it is extremely rare here in oregon...

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
M
Mad dog
plumb2fish said:

The larger cutts we catch in the winter while steelhead fishing look exactly like that! ;)

M
Mad dog
halibuthitman said:

He,he,he.....:lol: :think: It's possible!!! :think:

brandon4455
brandon4455
bigthackara said:
I love how everyone chimes in about what you caught! How bout we get pics of all the other 23" cutthroat that people on here have caught and compare? LOL

It does seem like the bigger a cutthroat gets, the more its colors differ from that of a typical cutthroat. I use to swear I was catching cuttbows all the time, till I asked a biologist about one day. He said it is extremely rare here in oregon...

i got 19 1/2 inch but not nearly as fat..wont even compare LOL

N
nwkiller
bigthackara said:

been multiple caught

H
halibuthitman
I can assure you, no one knows less about whats in oregon rivers than the biologist..

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
I can assure you, no one knows less about whats in oregon rivers than the biologist..

:lol:

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
plumb2fish said:
Got this surprise while salmon fishing on a south coast stream....23" and 4+lbs....he is on his way to spawn....only out of the water for a quick pic

beauty, and nice job letting it continue on it's spawning run...full marks.

J
JeannaJigs
Quit yer bickering about what the hell it is, and just appreciate that that is one HELL OF A NICE FISH. Nice one Mike.

troutdude
troutdude
rogerdodger said:
beauty, and nice job letting it continue on it's spawning run...full marks.

Great point! Rep points well deserved, for C & R with that one. He'll find a mate, and generate some more SRC monstahs!!!