Siltcoos 11-26-2011

T
Thuggin4Life
With fishing as ahot as it was friday i plooted on a way to get back down there one more time this year. I managed to scrape a trip together. and hitthe water. Followed windburnt all the way there and at 711 15 minutes before we could buy beer we decided the fish could wait. once we hit the lake we headed straight down the river. after tunring around at the deadline it wasn't long before we had the first on. I normally wouldn't have kept it but I wanted to tag out for the season after 3 years of trying and i needed some roe anyways so in the box it went.

2011-11-26_12.47.35.jpg

after a while later we got into another one. Soon as the fish jumped my buddy knew it wasn't a keeper. it must have heard him because it headed right under a dock and strated rolling on the other side. as i was trying to jump ship with the net nwkillers krew came over and took the net from me. then the fish came back under the dock and my buddies line locked up. he thought he was snagged. i grabbed the rod gave it a few good pulls and pop it came loose and sure enough that fish was still there. now with no net those guys took over and scooped it out real quick for us. i jumped ship and unhooked the thing and back into the drink it went. at least a 13lb buck. really red. after fishing awhile longer same we turned on the radio and started bumping some game. buddies rod goes off. nice 19inch chrome jack. cool now he still has a shot a another big one.

2011-11-26_12.49.09.jpg

back to fishing. finally as were were listening to the duck slay day on the radio my other buddies rod goes off. after a quick battle we got another fish in the boat. His first salmon so we kept it.

2011-11-26_12.43.16.jpg

Decide to take some pics and after we had things taken care of so he grabs it out of the cooler and she startes droppping eggs all over the place. what a waste and a mess. trolled back out into the lake and called it a day. listened to the game on the way home and was cleaning fish by the 3rd quarter at my buddies house. Sure made a rough trip from there to drop off my other buddy after all the cleaning was done since the both live by autzen. wan't a bad trip out there and had a blast getting my less fishing inclined friends into salmon and seeing some friendly faces on the water along with the dirty looks from the bank maggots and even some of the other boats. on a side note windburnt managed to pick up a nice chromer! and in case you missed it nwkiller has a thread up for this day and the next.

imagejpeg95e.jpg

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice job out there andy, lookslike it's been a halfway decent season out there

E
eugene1
Great looking Jack. Not sure, but I don't think I've seen a darker silver than the one you got. LOL.

Nice to see the river is fishing well.

N
nwkiller
ya, u guys had an awesome day....and windburnts fish was awesome! he showed me...lol...thanks for the ups

F
Fish a holic
Awsome day guys, I thought I might have seen you headed back on my way down (had a guy call in sick) white Bronco pullin your boat?
Good job as always, you might have to give me some lessons

T
TTFishon
Another awesome trip!!! Good job!!!

E
eugene1
Definitely sounds like an awesome day out there! Don't take my other post too seriously...

good job maxing out your tag dude! I'm trying to do the same, but the year is winding down way too quick and I still need 5 more!

Did you guys see a lot of duck hunters over there? I'm always worried about taking some steel shot in the boat, but hasn't ever been a problem.

Thanks for the great report!

N
nwkiller
eugene1 said:
Definitely sounds like an awesome day out there! Don't take my other post too seriously...

good job maxing out your tag dude! I'm trying to do the same, but the year is winding down way too quick and I still need 5 more!

Did you guys see a lot of duck hunters over there? I'm always worried about taking some steel shot in the boat, but hasn't ever been a problem.

Thanks for the great report!

you should have seen the one he let go...lol....dark or not fish is fish

F
flipper
need to drink moar.

W
waco
Nice boot andy!!! Just kidding!!! Ok I'm not kidding but those are some nice fish!! , but like always good job putting people into fish!!! WWTD guide status

J
JeannaJigs
Aww man....dirty dark hos, the other white meat.

Hope you got decent berries out of that thing lol.

Good job gwitting it done

E
eugene1
JeannaJigs said:
Aww man....dirty dark hos, the other white meat.

Hope you got decent berries out of that thing lol.

Good job gwitting it done

"the other White meat" lol. It probably cut better than the pic would suggest, they usually do. By the way, I hope you never leave again, Jeanna.

J
JeannaJigs
Hens with eggs cut like shirt. Andy can't fool me!! I'll stick around a bit ;)

E
eugene1
T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks. Guys. I will admit that when thecoho get this dark it's hard for me to tell hen or buck. And there was no way Dan was gonna let his first salmon go. Both hens cut like **** and the eggs were shot in one. Oh well my buddy is still gonna eat his and another friend gave me 5 bucks to cut my fish up for him. I was just fonna give it away. Either way it was a blast. Everyone of us got to feel a fish.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Plant those things in the ground if you have a garden. I've put 6 or 7 carcasses in my compost and and a few more right in my garden. Last year I kept a dark springer for a friend from Boise that hadn't caught anything larger than a bluegill so he could show his kids back at our house. The whole thing went in the garden. With all that nitrogen in the soil my garden exploded this year.

Its better than eating your fish through a straw anyway.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
that must feel good, great reward for all the effort...

T
Thuggin4Life
It does. I save carcasses fOr crab bait. Once we buy a house and start a garden I will try that.