Small stream salmon fishing

S
Spydeyrch
I found this site about small stream salmon fishing!! Crazy how small of a stream it is and how big of hawgs these guys pull out of it!!!! Beautiful place too.

I would love to get my hands on a place like that and take my 4wt spey rod with me!!!! (hahahaha, little joke there for those that get it).

Check it out. Nice pics and nice pigs (hawgs!!)!!!!

-Spydey

Last edited by a moderator:
brandon4455
brandon4455
that is pretty cool, but thats without a doubt spawning habitat if you look at it,thanks for sharing andrew those are some nice fish.

Brandon

Last edited:
S
skunk
Nothing like it. I love sight fishing big fish.

Reactions: Tribal16
C
crusty old fisherman
personally i would be ashamed of myself for fishing in something that small with zero escapement possiblilties those guys should be arrested I am thuroughly disgusted

S
skunk
Its open for fishing, why arrest them???

H
halibuthitman
its a position of personal sporting view... its unethical to him and I respect that.. I would never fish salmon some of the places I fish steelhead simply becouse they are snag/floss fests and I don't even wish to be near it..... legal doesn't exactly mean its right-

Reactions: Tribal16
brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
its a position of personal sporting view... its unethical to him and I respect that.. I would never fish salmon some of the places I fish steelhead simply becouse they are snag/floss fests and I don't even wish to be near it..... legal doesn't exactly mean its right-

:clap: exactly.

T
tnffishman
Guys, guys. I am a member on this site and encourage all of you to join as well. It is an awesome sight with awesome people. And the guy who runs the site is the one fishing there. Those fish are tules on a certain small stream that is quite famous for that run.

P
plumb2fish
Looks to me like the guys flossing fish out of that small water are the tools....

B
bigsteel
WOW must be real hard to spot a fish that big in a foot of water,that kind of fishing is unsportsmen in my book.

brandon4455
brandon4455
plumb2fish said:
Looks to me like the guys flossing fish out of that small water are the tools....

i see orange yarn in one's mouth... it's easier to trim that yarn into a glo bug and have the fish actually take it then floss them.. :rolleyes: not in that water though, wayyyy to low :naughty:

Last edited:
N
n8r1
This might be a dumb question but why are none of them wearing waders?

H
halibuthitman
n8r1 said:
This might be a dumb question but why are none of them wearing waders?

becouse its 65 degrees out probably...

H
halibuthitman
brandon4455 said:
i see orange yarn in one's mouth... it's easier to trim that yarn into a glo bug and have the fish actually take it then floss them.. :rolleyes: not in that water though, wayyyy to low :naughty:
I remember a year and a half ago when you didn't even know how to rig power bait... now you are telling guys how to use yarn... a glowbug, yarni, rag... or drift rig ALL attract the same... the egg shape is for your benefit... if you are trying to simulate eggs then a bead would be your weapon of choice... and just a warning... you ever use that wavy finger icon on a thread I start your gonna get thrashed... time for you to read more... post less, and we will go fishing together soon and you can show me your game, I know its getting good- Brad

Reactions: skunk
R
rippin fish lips
halibuthitman said:
and just a warning... you ever use that wavy finger icon on a thread I start your gonna get thrashed... time for you to read more... post less, and we will go fishing together soon and you can show me your game, I know its getting good- Brad

Hey man, i like ur posts and love reading them. I know it was/is a warning, but i dont see why u would wanan take it that far. There would be no need to thrash him for pointing :naughty: at you. And from what i can see, he has read a lot and learned a crap ton. There is also no need to post less if your someone that has a lot of questions and answers. After all... we encourage posting, don't we??

My point is... There is no need to "thrash" someone for using :naughty: on your thread. It was put there for a reason right???

brandon4455
brandon4455
i get what you are trying to say brad, doesn't really offend me i understand completely. but i disagree with the powerbait thing..i use to own at powerbait fishing when i was like 12 hahaha.

S
skunk
Anyone wonder why people are getting 'done with off'. Perfect example.

Reactions: halibuthitman
T
tnffishman
skunk said:
Anyone wonder why people are getting 'done with off'. Perfect example.

Yessir

H
halibuthitman
Yeah, like this whole thread.... There are a lot of reasons folks leave, and members talking out of their asses is a very big one. In 37 of brandons last 50 posts Brandon has made comments of 0 knowledge like when he gave info pertaining to eagle creek and then was called out onthe fact that he has never been there... But has seen pictures, i have helped him enough to help him now in this manner... And that emotion con is rude and offensive and belongs on this forum even less than I do.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Just fallowing the direction of the thread.

No bash on anyone.

But I only use 'round' yarn about 40% of the time, it just depends on how lazy I was the night before on tying yarnies. Most of the time I just tie yarn on my leader above the hook and trim to the length of the shank, add some scent, and start casting....

A reply in the form of what Brad was saying was coming no matter what. And likely was best it came from Brads fingers, because of the respect value of the two friends.

Constructive criticism is a good thing, and Brandon recognized the lesson at hand. And I believe that if any of you want to be quick to point a sensitive finger as to who or why anyone is leaving said forum, I would point it at weak content, rather than true constructive criticism.

Not every post has to be smothered in rose petals and sugar. Viewing misinformed posts that pollute the trade is not always easy to swallow.

0121110945-01.jpg

Last edited: