Prineville Res species

W
wils
Kind of curious as to what the size and take limits are on these. They look like prime targets for noggin' poppin'

65088-wils-albums-oregon-picture223553-dsc00860.jpg

oh, yeah. Legit-size LMB and SMB didn't start biting the topwater popper until about 10AM today

troutdude
troutdude
Looks like an "invasive" specie, to me. LOL

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Canada Geese?

Irishrover
Irishrover
Being on the eastside of the mountains and large I think it's safe to say they are not duskys. To large to be taverners or cacklers so real safe bet on large Canadian honkers. I have fished that area a lot and they have a large population of local honkers. During migration the population swells quite a bit.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
wils said:
Kind of curious as to what the size and take limits are on these. They look like prime targets for noggin' poppin'

wils- I'm not sure I got the drift of your post, were you looking for the hunting regs./seasons for Canada Geese? that is easy to locate in the ODFW hunting regs., they are under "Migratory Game Birds", page 16.

if you are concerned about them eating fish, relax, they are not like Cormorants, Canada Geese are herbivores...

"In spring and summer, geese concentrate their feeding on grasses and sedges, including skunk cabbage leaves and eelgrass. During fall and winter, they rely more on berries and seeds, including agricultural grains, and seem especially fond of blueberries. They’re very efficient at removing kernels from dry corn cobs."

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Canada_Goose/lifehistory

W
wils
I was joking about the geese. I had to work around them as I moved along the shore throwing my popper for bass.
But then again, a Salax 6X JR would make quick and deadly work for gathering one of those resident gooses for a fine dinner. :)

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
wils said:
I was joking about the geese. I had to work around them as I moved along the shore throwing my popper for bass.
But then again, a Salax 6X JR would make quick and deadly work for gathering one of those resident gooses for a fine dinner. :)

cool, sounds like this Fall, fresh goose is on the menu!