Wading boots

H
halibuthitman
after wearing both in some pretty tough places for extended periods of time.... simms burys Korkers.... I passionately hate korkers... and the simms guide boot is amazing, I had a pair that outlasted 6 pairs of waders.. you get what you pay for.

Irishrover
Irishrover
:lol::lol::lol: "I no way intend to make viewers here assume I am a professional wader boot person":lol::lol::lol: Now Rose I've heard rummors that you were an incognito professional wader boot person! Come out with the truth.;)

H
halibuthitman
to clear up any confusion on felt bans.... as of January 1st Alaska goes no felt, washington intends to follow suit and Oregon will become felt-less within 2 years, any state that does not will fall under the federal regulation which will blanket every state... felt is done-

L
lilsalmon
Irishrover said:
:lol::lol::lol: "I no way intend to make viewers here assume I am a professional wader boot person":lol::lol::lol: Now Rose I've heard rummors that you were an incognito professional wader boot person! Come out with the truth.;)

I think those rumors are wrong. Who told you that? I only know about Korkers cuz of you, Lon. hehe. Mine are awesome but I got mine for half price and they have been great. Anyone got a spare tool to remove the felt, tho? I seem to have lost mine and I need my studs put back in.

halibuthitman said:
to clear up any confusion on felt bans.... as of January 1st Alaska goes no felt, washington intends to follow suit and Oregon will become felt-less within 2 years, any state that does not will fall under the federal regulation which will blanket every state... felt is done-

What is the point of banning felt. I could be misinformed but the whole boot is in the water not just the felt. Isn't that a small solution for a bigger problem?

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
I think those rumors are wrong. Who told you that? I only know about Korkers cuz of you, Lon. hehe. Mine are awesome but I got mine for half price and they have been great. Anyone got a spare tool to remove the felt, tho? I seem to have lost mine and I need my studs put back in.

What is the point of banning felt. I could be misinformed but the whole boot is in the water not just the felt. Isn't that a small solution for a bigger problem?

well that is partially true but boots can be cleaned in an attempt to rid them of any invasive species, very very small organisms such as eggs,larva,pupa etc of bugs get stuck in the felt and are near impossible to clean out. atleast this is what i was told. so yes, even if they ban felt there is still a problem. not everyone cleans their boots and wading gear,and there is always that bug that manages to go unseen and then spread to another waterway. i clean mine everytime i get home, wash the outside of my waders and check my boots and the rest of my gear for anything i don't want hitch hiking to another river

L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
well that is partially true but boots can be cleaned in an attempt to rid them of any invasive species, very very small organisms such as eggs,larva,pupa etc of bugs get stuck in the felt and are near impossible to clean out. atleast this is what i was told. so yes, even if they ban felt there is still a problem. not everyone cleans their boots and wading gear,and there is always that bug that manages to go unseen and then spread to another waterway. i clean mine everytime i get home, wash the outside of my waders and check my boots and the rest of my gear for anything i don't want hitch hiking to another river

Did you get boots? :D

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Did you get boots? :D

im just using regular boots LOL. they work fine, just a wee bit slippery

J
joesnuffy
I agree with the NO Felt boots. Felt is terrible about hiding little things that shouldn't leave it's home and almost impossible to clean completely.

And since felt will most likely be banned in a couple years anyways, you might as well buy rubber soled now.

I've been using rubber soles for 2+ yrs now and I prefer them to felts anyways.