Salmon/steelhead in Albany? Anyone?

J
Jdangler xD
So I am curious if anyone knows about catching salmon and steelhead nearby. Peticularly At bowman park on the middle fork of the willamette in town. Or the N santiam about 10 minutes away. Also the S santiam is a little farther as well as dexter dam on the W.

So I know the santiams are possibility of catching and probly dexters dam but...
1) out of the listed places, can anyone reccomend a spot or have experience of in these areas?
2) has anyone ever caught a salmon or steelhead near bowman or Bryant park?

troutdude
troutdude
I've never heard of anyone, hauling any nooks or steel out of the Willy @ Bryant Park (or Bowman). But the McKenzie runs, rip right through their.

C_Run
C_Run
There are plenty of salmon in the Santiam right now if you don't want to drive very far. If you figure out how to make them bite, tell me!

J
Jdangler xD
When I get salmon that don't cooperate I automatically regress and throw #6 blue fox. Cast after cast. ����

C_Run
C_Run
Jdangler xD said:
When I get salmon that don't cooperate I automatically regress and throw #6 blue fox. Cast after cast. ����

Actually, I spent about three hours doing that very thing the other day. They just thumbed their noses at me. Well, it was a #5, come to think of it.

J
Jdangler xD
#5 produce fish, perhaps more just because I fish fives more often. I save the 6 for bull trout and salmon. But I have seen many times the upgrade in size make a difference in the very next cast or soon. I will be on the santiam tomorrow and im
not planning on a skunk trip :)

C_Run
C_Run
Be sure to let us know how it went. The Santiam is my closest river but it also is kind of a curse. Never done very well there but ,still, I keep going.

O
Orgwayne
Like C-Run said , been there a lot and seen a lots of fish , only one steelhead, and a recycle at that !!!, will keep at it for the heck of it
Wayne

J
Jdangler xD
Plans fell through and we fished the Calapooia for bass since it's open now and also tried the willamette for salmon and steelhead and all we caught was grass. Man... I want to move to Alaska