Aaron Mercer

B
Berg03
Brandon and I went to Aaron Mercer yesterday. We got there at 9:30am and we started trolling some flies from the launch. We trolled for about 10 minutes and out of the corner of my eye Brandon sets the hook. I look over and nothing, but that got our hopes up and our minds set to catch some nice native cuts. 2 hours roll by and maybe some few taps happene but no good bites yet. Our spirits were low as another boat came paddeling in and saw him trhowing some spoons and spinners out and catching a few smaller ones. I decided to switch to my spoon on my spin rod and 3rd cast in caught a nice 15 inch cut. Ended the day with 4 cuts all around 13-17 inches long. Brandon threw on a microbug under a thingamabober (dunno how to spell that lol) and he caught a salmon lol. He ended up catching two of those in the day. Forgot to mention that i did snag a salomander while casting my spoon, when i brought it in he was hugging another sally, so i had to take a picture of that lol.

Reactions: bigsteel
B
bigsteel
nice job fellas,looks like a great day on the lake

18406ej
18406ej
Thank you for the pictures. I am glad that patience paid off for the two of you.

S
Spydeyrch
Very nicely done there guys!! So you got two salmons Brandon!!!!??? That is sweet!! How did they get up and what kind of salmon were they? Isn't the Res. dammed? :think:

-Spydey

P.S. How did the float tube hold up for you brandon? Everything work ok? I am glad to see you are getting more use out of it than I have. :lol:

H
Hawk
The salamanders (rough skinned newts) were makin' WhooooooPeeeeeeeee. Bro

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well Done.

:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:

B
Berg03
Hawk said:
The salamanders (rough skinned newts) were makin' WhooooooPeeeeeeeee. Bro

LOL thats funny.

B
Berg03
Spydeyrch said:
Very nicely done there guys!! So you got two salmons Brandon!!!!??? That is sweet!! How did they get up and what kind of salmon were they? Isn't the Res. dammed? :think:

-Spydey

P.S. How did the float tube hold up for you brandon? Everything work ok? I am glad to see you are getting more use out of it than I have. :lol:

The tube has been working great for him, the only problem is that his waiters have a slow leak :p i was in my pontoon boat above water so i was pretty warm lol.

S
Spydeyrch
Berg03 said:
The tube has been working great for him, the only problem is that his waiters have a slow leak :p i was in my pontoon boat above water so i was pretty warm lol.

Poor brandon. Freezin' his butt of for some fish, :D :lol: but hey, at least you guys had a great time, right. :)

Glad to see that the tube worked for him.

-Spydey

brandon4455
brandon4455
Spydeyrch said:

-Spydey

it's doing great! works perfect. just sits a littlelow in the water because of the seat, but it's not an issue. yes, ic aught 2 landlocked salmon, they are coho. what happend was they truck adults in from the creek below the res and they go spawn in the creek above the res. and the smolts are suppose to migrate out the outflow, but some decided to stay so now there is a large population of very agressive 8-13 inch (guarnuntee there are way bigger seen them jump) coho salmon. i threw a mico sparkle leech i came up with and they just gobbled it up. the fish pictured was caught on the first cast throwing that rig.

Last edited:
B
Berg03
brandon4455 said:
.... i threw a mico sparkle leech i came up with and they just gobbled it up. the fish pictured was caught on the first cast throwing that rig.

We need to get the material for those and make a ton more so when we bike up during the summer we can catch some big ones :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
i have enough materials for atleast half a dozen more, just low on hooks. i need to tear more damaged flies apart for hooks. then ill tie some they are easy. jsut marabou tail and a dubbed body and i pick the fibers out and brush them with a tootbrush to give it movement and lifelike appearance. plus the sparkle and you have a great all around stillwater fly.

Last edited:
P
PNW Sam
Nice! Sounds like a sweet day. 15 inches isn't bad at all.

troutdude
troutdude
T
TTFishon
Nice looking cutties guys! Looks like a fun day on the lake.

L
lilsalmon
Good job guys. Brandon I have hooks for you...just have to get them to you.

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Good job guys. Brandon I have hooks for you...just have to get them to you.

thanks rose. and i have flies for you.. possie bugger, ice dub prince and a few small soft hackles. don't worry about hurrying them or anything can always wait until we go fish winter steelhead is fast approaching.. probably going next month. watcha think?

V
Vibrations Tackle
Beautiful Pics! Nice job.