Went to the Willy by St. Paul

EOBOY
EOBOY
The Whisperer and I hit a spot on the willy we had been trying to get to for a while finally today. The water was so low on the slew we couldn't get past the mud to the water. We finally busted a trial to the river so we could get into the slew. He hit the water and I was a little bit behind him. As I was trying to seat myself in my float tube I took a seat in the water. Dang, it was cold! Some how when I was sitting down the tube moved, I think my problem was I didn't get deep enough in the water before trying to sit.

I had to take my shirts OFF and wring them out while the Whisperer gathered up my tube. I told him to go ahead and fish, he said "oh I am I just wanted to get you're tube", and back in the water he went. After all the trouble we went through to get where we were no way I was quitting! I put one wet shirt back on and mounted up. We Didn't catch any Bass but picked up some Crappie, nice size too.

I have to admit I drove home in the nude. I have Leather seats. I did have a dry shirt in the car so that was good. I was a little uneasy driving through Newburg, I wasn't sure how I would explain why I was driving with no pants on. I did have a 3 ring binder I put in my lap. Just another day on the water.

EOBOY

troutdude
troutdude
Hysterical!!!

:D :D :D

bass
bass
Sorry for laughing :) Good to see you stuck it out!

Bummer that you did not get any bass but cool that you all caught some nice sized crappie. I would have guessed that slough would have had spawners in it, but perhaps the bottom is not the right consistency.

Interesting thing about your wet clothes. This past Christmas my wife got me a blanket for the truck. It looks like a normal fleece-like (spun polypropylene) blanket but it has a waterproof layer sandwiched between two fleece layers. It is great to throw on the seats if I, the dog or the kids are wet. She bought mine at Costco but they may not still be carrying them (probably seasonal). It has helped keep my seats dry on more than one occasion. I guess they would also be good for covering your lap ;)

EOBOY
EOBOY
bass said:
Sorry for laughing :) Good to see you stuck it out!

Bummer that you did not get any bass but cool that you all caught some nice sized crappie. I would have guessed that slough would have had spawners in it, but perhaps the bottom is not the right consistency.

Interesting thing about your wet clothes. This past Christmas my wife got me a blanket for the truck. It looks like a normal fleece-like (spun polypropylene) blanket but it has a waterproof layer sandwiched between two fleece layers. It is great to throw on the seats if I, the dog or the kids are wet. She bought mine at Costco but they may not still be carrying them (probably seasonal). It has helped keep my seats dry on more than one occasion. I guess they would also be good for covering your lap ;)

Hey no problem laughing's good, it was a moment. Whisperer thinks the bottom was good but the water is still a bit cool. I think that's what he said. I am going to put a change of cloths and a blanket in the car in a bag. Do you know the brand of blanket?

EOBOY

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:lol: Please tell me you were able to drive directly into your garage....:lol: Maybe a pair of breathable waders would be a good idea...just sayin,,,:D

EOBOY
EOBOY
Raincatcher said:
:lol: Please tell me you were able to drive directly into your garage....:lol: Maybe a pair of breathable waders would be a good idea...just sayin,,,:D

Barb no luck there......I have my tent trailer in the garage. I did pull onto the lawn in front of the door, luckily we have a quiet neighborhood, but bumped my head because Rose always locks the dead bolt. I did leave out the part about standing on the side of the rural road taking OFF my pants listening for cars and looked up to see a bike rider 20 feet away, I have no idea what was going through his head.

P
pinstriper
EOBOY said:
Barb no luck there......I have my tent trailer in the garage. I did pull onto the lawn in front of the door, luckily we have a quiet neighborhood, but bumped my head because Rose always locks the dead bolt. I did leave out the part about standing on the side of the rural road taking OFF my pants listening for cars and looked up to see a bike rider 20 feet away, I have no idea what was going through his head.

Probably something like "Huh, closer to Portland than I thought."

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
EOBOY said:
O5_iq04hWtzEb5Z7eSBJ7W5JFKgQ8Ti-Ym-JMVHhpPkVhSR3Gw.jpg :lol: :lol: :popcorn:

EOBOY
EOBOY
pinstriper that is funny, good one ......AHH Portlandia

T
Toyracer38
Sorry for your rough day, but dang that is funny. :D

EOBOY
EOBOY
Toyracer38 said:
Sorry for your rough day, but dang that is funny. :D

I have to say what a good buddy Bryan is. After about an hour I was cold and decided to take my wet shirt OFF and he OFFerd to let me have his hoody. At first I was reluctant but he said he had a shirt on. Up to that point I had not even had a bite let alone caught a fish. I put his hoddy on and first cast caught a fish! Don't know what to make of that! Anyway without that kindness of his it would have been a tough day.

Dana

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
You are quite welcome. That crappie fishing was a blast, I can't wait to do it again. There is quite a bit of wood in that slough & I found that once I got past the mud there was some rock that could be productive once the water warms up a bit. These fluctuating water temps seems to have the smallies a bit confused.