Carp rod sacrifice = first salmon

R
RunWithSasquatch
Awesome fish! looks tasty as heck! Salmon Nugz? Nice work

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
Oh, and Jeanna, next time the gear is left at home and you only bring your fly rod.

Deal, but no laughing when I act a fool. That 8 weight sittin' in the corner alone, segregated from my casting and spinning rods, needs to come out soon. I'll wait until you hear back about that job to start plotting on that one trip we discussed, to look at the calendar and beg for a weekend off.

J
JeannaJigs
RunWithSasquatch said:
Awesome fish! looks tasty as heck! Salmon Nugz? Nice work

I had to fillet it in the dark, but when I looked at it under the lights of the liftgate in the jeep the meat was blood red. Not much meat on there for salmon nugz but I think she's gonna cook him up in lemon and pepper.

Love those little hos, they're the best eaters. I thawed out some thick chinook fillets the other night and cut 'em up for nugz, tasted TERRIBLE after eating coho, and the chinook fillets were of insanely good quality meat. I forgot that I really, do not like chinook in any form other than smoked because they're too oily and too fishy, no matter how quickly you skin them, and how well you cut the fat off of them. Just a completely different taste. Glad I have a bunch of ho fillets left in my freezer.

E
eugene1
Congrats!!

C_Run
C_Run
I bet some of the guys on the banks musta **** themselves seeing two chicks in a boat without a man on board and then to top it of snatch up a fish in front of them.

You've broken the glass ceiling........again!

B
BobbiDollPDX
YaY Rose!

dance.gifdreadlocks.gifmexican.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-transformer.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-handsup.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-cyclop.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-alien1.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-fast.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-hat.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-hero.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-hidden.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-inlove.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-emu.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-joy.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-leftleftrightright.gifwww.MessenTools.com-Frutas-emu.gifbanana.gifdance.gifdreadlocks.gifmexican.gif

troutdude
troutdude
Dang Rose. What sort of hood did Jeanna "guide" you through anyway? You came back sounding like...

Fiddy Cent!

J
JeannaJigs
troutdude said:
Dang Rose. What sort of hood did Jeanna "guide" you through anyway? You came back sounding like...

Fiddy Cent!

I have that effect on people, you might not know it, but I'm straight hood. I grew up in the northwoods hood of the Eug. Hard livin. Word.

N
nwkiller
nice fish ladies!!!!!!!

L
lilsalmon
troutdude said:

Fiddy Cent!

Hey I'll have you know I have been Jeannas Homie for quite some time now......:cool:

L
lilsalmon
Thanks everyone for the grats'. Here are a couple of my pics:

My guide

6352572814_7b2fa9bace_z.jpg

The Ham

6352572812_7dfcc1d27b_z.jpg

And I dined on one of the fillets tonight. Never said I was a Betty Crocker and my presentation sucks cuz....its just gonna get eaten anyway....and I have to say that it was the best baked salmon I have had in a long time. Found a really good lemon pepper marinade....yum. I now know that it is true that a Jack is better meat. I guess a young ho beats a dark ho anyday....can I say that?

6352572818_7162d380ba_z.jpg

N
nwkiller
whoa asleep at the helm??? the dogs like we are going to f'in die man.........nice din thats for sure

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
J
JeannaJigs
nwkiller said:
whoa asleep at the helm??? the dogs like we are going to f'in die man.........nice din thats for sure

LOL look on my dogs face does kinda look like that huh. Kinda like the pic I have somewhere of Andy on the phone, she has the most concerned look on her face. Whatever that dogs the only one wearing a PFD. I wasn't asleep either! Lol rose just caught me when I was looking down at god knows what. Great picture rose, great lol.

J
JeannaJigs
Im diggin the placemat ;)

N
nwkiller
lol, good pic, looks like the weather held up too

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah no wind. All day. I was all warning her about the wind and how the white caps like to turn vicious, and that the rain isn't what gets ya wet. Hence the waders on a non rainy day. But nope. Weather made me look like a fool.

L
lilsalmon
Ummmm, no, the other pic I took of you would have been worse.....she wasn't asleep she was looking at Ava.....I think...shirt, maybe she was asleep. Thanks on the compliment on my placemat. They are actually potholders...the kind that gets things out of the oven, not the other potholder thingy....:lol::lol: My friends mom made them for me...just thought I would let you know that. I think I will watch a netflix movie now and quit rambling.

R
RunWithSasquatch
I dont think any of us got an invite for that tasty lookin dinner...

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah really... Lol how did it taste?

Just kidding. You already said it was a tasty ho.

I'm sleep deprived and halfway through my shift waiting on my coffee and lunch.

Last edited: