Useless pigs (rant)

P
PNW Sam
So I went fishing today and this kinda got me going... I like enjoying my time near the water and relaxing when I'm fishing just as much as I like catching fish. I went to do a little trout fishing today at my favorite spot at one of my favorite ponds.

At about 4 o'clock I was kinda starting the pack up mode. The fishing was slow and I was just fishing some bait off the bottom so I had nothing to do. Just decided to take a little walk around the water for a couple minutes. Went over to a spot where I watched a guy limit out, and what do I find... a PILE of trash he left. This kinda ticked me off because he had a bucket and could have easily packed out all his crap.

So I decided to go ahead and grab a bag and pick the junk up. Then I decided to just do a little loop and pick up the trash around my spot. By the time I was almost done walking the 30-40 yards back to my stuff, my bag was totally full and I was standing next to the water picking a beer can up. Looked over at the water, and there's a trout floating. Thought that's weird so I picked it up. Little 9 incher, it's gills coated in glittery powerbait and the neck is snapped. Then I got pretty dang pissed about all this because there is absolutely no reason for anyone to 1) treat the place like a dump, and 2) waste a fish like that.

I know that these kind of idiots are a problem everywhere, and the trash wasn't any worse than any other popular pond, but it just really hit me today how f'ing stupid and useless these people are. It almost makes me ashamed to be a fisherman just because I'm automatically associated with that BS.

I mean really, is it that hard to bring a sack, or a bucket, or your pocket, and pack a couple candy wrappers and cans out?

Reactions: bigsteel and Slick
S
Slick
I hear ya man! It's B.S. that people can't take their trash out with them. Ever floated by one of the popular meat holes after the season? Crap everywhere.

Reactions: bigsteel
troutdude
troutdude
People that do that sort of thing really **** me OFF too! I'm a 5th generation Oregon, and I really hate to see our beautiful state trashed like that. THANK YOU picking up that trash bro. And be careful, you never know if there are syringes in that trash...that can have blood borne pathogens.

L
lilsalmon
Just once, I want to see the person that leaves the trash......I have also packed out a lot of trash and it is very sad. Good job for carrying out the trash.

M
mastercaster
I hear you bro . leaving trash in general is BS I especialy hate when someone leaves a big wad of mono laying on the bank . I have personally saw the results of it tried to catch a duck with mono wrapped around and around its leg . its leg and foot were swollen to three times normal size never could get a hold of him . I did succesfully catch one with a hook in his bill trailing about 20 ft of mono off it I left the hook figuring it would rust away but I was able to remove the line from it . I wish odfw would put those little line recycling tubes everywhere . I am not some bleeding heart but I do belive that no animal deserves to suffer slowly like that . MC