How much money needed to satisfy your fishing needs?

J
JeannaJigs
Contrary to popular belief, I have the shoe and purse problem to go with my fishing gear problem. Its a disease.

I need about 17,432.76, that includes giving my boat a facelift and a new 9.9 among everything else.

G
GDBrown
brandon4455 said:
....... one a side note i got my wallet back :LOL

This is no SIDE Note... Where was the wallet?

Inquiring minds what to know.... The truth and nothing but the truth!

jamisonace
jamisonace
I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading through this thread. I'd like to own the cabin my bro in law built on the Wind River in Wyoming, then I'd need another chunk for the horses and gear to get to and set up fish camps on the lakes in the Wind River range.

What I'd like to know is how much money have I spent on fishing including everything....gear, gas, food, lodging etc.

Raincatcher said:
I'm thinking around $250K to get started. :think: That should be just about enough to buy some riverfront property with some cabins to rent out to other fisher folks. :D The boat rentals would have to wait a bit.

troutdude
troutdude
Jamison, two questions:

1. Did you keep your receipts?

2. Do you have a book keeper?

Maybe you have some write OFF's coming your way. LOL

brandon4455
brandon4455
GDBrown said:
This is no SIDE Note... Where was the wallet?

Inquiring minds what to know.... The truth and nothing but the truth!

it was in berg03's car as i supsected, somehow slipped under the seat cover?? LOL

S
skyhammer
I hate to admit it, but in the last few years I have spent over $200k just so I could go fishing.
I bought this truck and camper in June, bought the boat in 2008.
Camper-Rogue2w.jpg
I got the cat in 2000.
raft2.jpg
Got this drift boat in 2004.
Rick-Trintiy-2w.jpg
Bought half interest in this house in Sun River last year.
Dennis-Cathy-Housew.jpg
Built this barn last year to store my boats, trucks, etc., last year.
M-Barn2w.jpg

Reactions: n8r1
O
OnTheFly
Skyhammer...you are my next best friend!

E
eggs
G
GDBrown
O
Outdoor_Myers
Well lets see. 40k to get out of debt so I could focus on fishing. about 200k to buy a house so I could focus on fishing and not having to work, 500k in the bank so I could retire and focus on fishing then to add in money for a truck that can tow an ocean going boat for deep sea fishing and that boat so proabably 120k. and about 30k on gear.

Realistic versions. my first boat 1-3k a truck with 4x4 and tow package 1.5-3.5k some new rods and reels (okuma, berkley, penn, shimano. dont need a 400 dollar rod or reel lol) and boat gear and tackle maybe (and join the dark side with my first fly rod set up 3.5k maybe less than that. pay someone to take me salmon/sturgeon fishing because i have no idea what I am doing 350-500 dollars.

jamisonace
jamisonace
No book keeper but yes on a lot of the receipts. My territory for work covers all the rivers from the N. Umpqua in the South to the Santiam in the North on I-5. From the Cali border in the south to Tillamook in the North on the coast. I fish as much as I can when I'm working and I write as much OFF as possible. Still not sure I've covered even a fraction of my overall expenses tho...

troutdude said:
Jamison, two questions:

1. Did you keep your receipts?

2. Do you have a book keeper?

Maybe you have some write OFF's coming your way. LOL

jamisonace
jamisonace
I love the picture of the cat. Makes me think there are a few stories to be told about that trip.

skyhammer said:
I hate to admit it, but in the last few years I have spent over $200k just so I could go fishing.
I bought this truck and camper in June, bought the boat in 2008.
Camper-Rogue2w.jpg
I got the cat in 2000.
raft2.jpg
Got this drift boat in 2004.
Rick-Trintiy-2w.jpg
Bought half interest in this house in Sun River last year.
Dennis-Cathy-Housew.jpg
Built this barn last year to store my boats, trucks, etc., last year.
M-Barn2w.jpg

H
halibuthitman
Jim... Seriously? Someone once told me money can't buy happiness.. I'm of course of the opinion they are not using it right!

Reactions: n8r1
O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
Jim... Seriously? Someone once told me money can't buy happiness.. I'm of course of the opinion they are not using it right!
Exactly!

Reactions: n8r1 and halibuthitman
N
n8r1
halibuthitman said:

They're right. Money can't buy happiness, but it makes misery a lot more fun.

B
Berg03
with those items, i would be VERY happy. lol.

S
skyhammer
jamisonace said:
I love the picture of the cat. Makes me think there are a few stories to be told about that trip.

I bought the cat in Sisters, Oregon from Fish Craft in 2000. While I have floated many rivers in Oregon and N. Calif., its main purpose was to float Alaskan rivers.
I have shipped it to Alaska 8 times. We usually float a chosen river for 30 days. I usually load it up with over 2000lbs. of gear and people.
This is on the Alagnak River, I am on the oars.
Cat-on-Alagnak.jpg
Sitting on the trailer.
Cat1.jpg
Taken apart, waiting for the float plane pickup.
Alagnak3.jpg
Alagnak1.jpg
Alagnak2.jpg
Some of the rapids on Lake Creek, Alaska.
Lake-creek2.jpg
Lake-Creek1.jpg
This is why I go, to catch 100's of these.
lake-creek-king.jpg
lake-creek-king-2.jpg

D
Drew9870
Those Coho are MASSIVE, any person in their right mind that fishes for Salmon or maybe even Trout + Steelhead, dreams of being in Alaska, of course with a plane as well.

S
skyhammer
Those fish are Kings.If they were Silvers, they would be world record class for sure.
The Kings on Lake Creek average 35 pounds.

H
halibuthitman
another 5 or 6 hours and im not sure they would even be kings anymore...