Siltcoos sucks

E
eugene1
Hit it with 3 rods in the water today. No love (see title for more info.). The lake seemed devoid of salmonid life. Seen one hooked, but little action. I even sacrificed my catching red tiger plug to an underwater tree and still nada... I think J-Jjigs was spot on that the hos moved up and departed the lake?

Seen a camo guide boat with two dudes just fishing one rod so maybe some action before we arrived?

Hope to forget about siltcoos unfulfilled trips soon...

T
TTFishon
Andy sent me a pic of a nice ho he caught this morning. It was pretty slow yesterday too. My buddy caught a jack just under 20" and I caught a couple of cutties. Saw a bunch rolling though near some lillies.

T
Thuggin4Life
uh oh secrects out. sorry i didn't even notice you. or wait do you have the brown smoker craft?

D
DYJ
Yuuuuup, rough day for us yesterday. Got up there a lil late, hell one of my buddies had to sleep a hangover off tiil 10:30, in the boat. Saturday night was a good night to be a Ducks fan, and we partied a lil harder then we planned.

We were gettin the boat in the water around around 8:30 and saw a couple guys come in limited out. They showed us the plugs and we took off to Fiddler. Fished all morning and did get a nice trout. Around noon we took off to Miller, fished that till the beer ran out and soon after that so did the motivation. The only other boat we saw catch fish was the party barge pontoon boat. Two fish netted, 4 poles out the whole time. Now my Siltcoose skunked day are winning, by one, compared to catching days. Rough season with the dry wheather, and now my weekends are full until 12-16-11. My 2011 salmon season might have cane to an end....

J
JeannaJigs
my parental units camped over there and came home with 4 fish good sized fish, or well 3, and one 19.75 jack. The female parental unit brought home a nasty buck at 32.5" and 15 lbs...it was starting to color...and I just shook my head, but hey, a fish is a fish I guess...might be good in the smoker, i'm not gonna taste it to find out though. I'm irritated that I can't go fishing, but I got free eggs out of it so whatever I'll take it. Cure 'em up and vac pac 'em for springers, 'cause fall fishin' is done.

N
nwdunerider
No Way Jeanna Tahkenitch is just getting going, You gotta keep the faith !! We caught 5 jacks there on saturday

N
nwkiller
wierd year this year....not a lot of rain means spurts of fish hauling A to the rivers, not wanting to be in the lake long.......usually everyday rain makes fish hang out all over the lake.....way to go to the people that caught this weekend....it aint over yet!!!! probably give it a go next weekend with the better rain

J
JeannaJigs
nwdunerider said:
No Way Jeanna Tahkenitch is just getting going, You gotta keep the faith !! We caught 5 jacks there on saturday

When I say fall fishin is done I was referring to fall chinook and the use of eggs. I only use bait for chinook. I have no means of fishing over there. I have a river propelled drift boat and work weekends when everyone else is off so no access. It's all good though, it's just filler for in between the chinook and steelhead.

F
Fish a holic
I feel your pain eugene1 got my hinney kicked Friday It's not over I don't think

T
Thuggin4Life
JeannaJigs said:
When I say fall fishin is done I was referring to fall chinook and the use of eggs. I only use bait for chinook. I have no means of fishing over there. I have a river propelled drift boat and work weekends when everyone else is off so no access. It's all good though, it's just filler for in between the chinook and steelhead.
you should be very sick Sunday.

J
JeannaJigs
Due to actually being sick as hell and missing two days of work, my probation has been extended. If I miss ANY time or have any tardiness, I'm fired. So not in the cards. I better not get sick again

D
DYJ
You supposta work when your sick so you can save you sick days for fishin.

T
Thuggin4Life
**** thats sucks. will know in a day or 2 if we work next week or not.