Slow day on Nestucca and Trask.

B
Bouncinbottom
So I have a few (very rare) days to fish this week. Yesterday I ran over to fish the Nestucca or Trask. I did end up fishing both, but primarily fished the Tucca. Did not see one caught. Did not see one roll. I did do a great job of testing rain gear and truck heater. I'll head out again tomorrow. Any one catching coastal springers? Am I better off on the Willy? At OC? The Clack?

B
BaldTexan
I'm hoping this rain will lure the springers in. Fished Trask last Friday and nobody from Lorens drift on down had caught any. Going to try again Friday. I did hear there are some sporadic catches at the hatchery hole but I'm not into combat fishing. They gotta come up river sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A
adamg
I hit a what should be a nice chinook hole on the trask on sunday but it was too low--could see the bottom and noticed there were no fish in it! seemed the only place fishable on the trask was the hatchery, but there wasn't a parking spot available.

Curious what the pressure is like on the nestucca? Considering trying to make it out to the coast at first light on Saturday, or go elsewhere. Seems at this point no one river or region is providing any better odds at hooking up. :blushing:

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF. Hopefully your gear kept you dry; and your heater kept you toasty.

Good luck, on your next outing.

S
Steelheader4Life
I heard from a couple sources that today was much better in both systems. My boat picked up a two on the Nestucca a couple weeks ago.

B
Bouncinbottom
Thanks for the replies! Appreciate the feedback.

O
OnTheDrop
These fisheries are TIGHT LIPPED, the only solid reports will be from the Three Rivers area and the Hatchery hole on Trask. From now until early July is the time to go. Even if everyone tells you the fishing is bad : )

S
Steelheader4Life
SteelmonKiller20 said:
These fisheries are TIGHT LIPPED, the only solid reports will be from the Three Rivers area and the Hatchery hole on Trask. From now until early July is the time to go. Even if everyone tells you the fishing is bad : )

Are you sure there just isn't any fish in either of them?? ;) LOL

Reactions: OnTheDrop