Siltcoos 11-12-2011 --- 11-13-2011

T
Thuggin4Life
Sat. Managed to get out with xltom and kiska sunday in my boat and TT and his friend joined the party. managed to be just a few boats back from first there. was a great day to be fishing but no catching involved in my boat. Didn't see much action and i was everywhere on the lake. I did see the biggest possible jack you could get in the cooler of tt's boat as i said my goodbyes. also ran into a familiar boat and even more familiar motor with a jack aboard and again bumped into them today and they also ended up with an adult later. left early in the afternoon to catch the stanford murder. along the way i managed to find some bank access on the siuslaw and even did a jungle tour. lost a spinner casting for boots. even witnessed to otters tag team a coho bigger than the both of them. sadly i went home skunked but drowned my sorrows in whiskey and duck football.

Sun. woke up a bit late and rushed to get ready. me, kiska and my nieghbor chased windburnt and company all the way to the coast and passed him in florence. managed to be 3rd or 4th boat out. after a quick strategic planning with windburnt i decided to head to fiddle arm with him. beat him there. got a 14lb boot i mean buck right away. first one on the tag and with 4 spots left on the roster and the season being well underway its no time to be choosey. fished for a while longer and had to say goodbye to my racing partner as he and his first mate headed back to the dock about 830 with a full boat. 27 and 33 i think were the official lenghts. also seen djy and company with there game faces on. fished all over that lake and finally around 3 we found ourselves battleing another siltcoos redside. my buddies biggest salmon to date at about 12lbs. Matching pair of spawners in the cooler and the last 2 beers for a virtory celebration. we did the long boat ride of shame back to the dock. too bad that seal never came into my view after the boats thinned out or i could be having seal for dinner along with my salmon. my nieghbor knocked on my door shortly after parting ways with a big bag of roe for me too. not a bad day out on the water at all. too bad all the beer i drank didn't make me feel anybetter about saturdays drinking. so much for hair of the dog.

• imagejpeg952.jpg
  • 1113110735.jpg
Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
Thuggin4Life said:
Sat. Managed to get out with xltom and kiska sunday in my boat and TT and his friend joined the party. managed to be just a few boats back from first there. was a great day to be fishing but no catching involved in my boat. Didn't see much action and i was everywhere on the lake. I did see the biggest possible jack you could get in the cooler of tt's boat as i said my goodbyes. also ran into a familiar boat and even more familiar motor with a jack aboard and again bumped into them today and they also ended up with an adult later. left early in the afternoon to catch the stanford murder. along the way i managed to find some bank access on the siuslaw and even did a jungle tour. lost a spinner casting for boots. even witnessed to otters tag team a coho bigger than the both of them. sadly i went home skunked but drowned my sorrows in whiskey and duck football.

Sun. woke up a bit late and rushed to get ready. me, kiska and my nieghbor chased windburnt and company all the way to the coast and passed him in florence. managed to be 3rd or 4th boat out. after a quick strategic planning with windburnt i decided to head to fiddle arm with him. beat him there. got a 14lb boot i mean buck right away. first one on the tag and with 4 spots left on the roster and the season being well underway its no time to be choosey. fished for a while longer and had to say goodbye to my racing partner as he and his first mate headed back to the dock about 830 with a full boat. 27 and 33 i think were the official lenghts. also seen djy and company with there game faces on. fished all over that lake and finally around 3 we found ourselves battleing another siltcoos redside. my buddies biggest salmon to date at about 12lbs. Matching pair of spawners in the cooler and the last 2 beers for a virtory celebration. we did the long boat ride of shame back to the dock. too bad that seal never came into my view after the boats thinned out or i could be having seal for dinner along with my salmon. my nieghbor knocked on my door shortly after parting ways with a big bag of roe for me too. not a bad day out on the water at all. too bad all the beer i drank didn't make me feel anybetter about saturdays drinking. so much for hair of the dog.

awesome fish! on a side note that ducks game was badass!

B
bigsteel
excellent fish andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D
DYJ
Nice goin guys.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Those are great fish. Glad to hear Siltcoos is still fishing. Been trying to get over there and try it but it hasn't worked out. They look chrome from the pics, does the meat look as good???

N
nwkiller
nice man!!!!! way to get um........ my buddies bday was on saturday...we hit up windy bay one last time, after hearing about more chrome being caught. the birthday boy eneded up hooking into a real nice 12 or so pound native coho that we released, sorry no picture...it was nasty out.....then my other buddy lost a nice fat ho.......so there are still coming in.......way to get into them andy!

T
TTFishon
Nice!!! I'm glad your efforts finally paid off for you! After you guys took off on Saturday the fish started rolling in the back of the arm near the lily pads. Couldn't get them to bite though. lol

F
Fish a holic
Nice job, they don't look that red in the pics I'da put the wood to em'

T
Thuggin4Life
Crappy cell phone pic magic. Thanks everyone.

J
JeannaJigs
Mrs safety said that thing was "mighty pink" and I said shut your face I saw the picture...that old woman can move fast, who knew.

I got a motor manual Im supposed to give to you?

E
eugene1
Awesome fish dude! We were skunked. Didn't see many fish rolling either. We saw one boat hook up with one the whole day. It was a white pontoon over in fiddler. Didn't see if the fish was landed or retained.

T
Thuggin4Life
JeannaJigs said:
Mrs safety said that thing was "mighty pink" and I said shut your face I saw the picture...that old woman can move fast, who knew.

I got a motor manual Im supposed to give to you?

lol cut reeally nice so its all good. had a good purple shine to the chrome. yeah somehow i would like to take a look at that. i have your camping chair too. whats up with your phone?

J
JeannaJigs
My phones been doing weird shirt. I am not consistently getting texts, so if you text me I didn't get it. How did you end up with my camp chair lol.

T
Thuggin4Life
I don't know since you drove that weekend.