First trip with 3wt

T
the_intimidator03
Well my buddy and I hit ABC from about 2:30 til 4 and found some fish in the duck pond near the outflow. Was able to land my first trout on the 3wt and continued to catch about 6-10 trout on my 3wt anywhere from 8 inches to about 13-14 inches. here is the first fish on the 3wt
106_0544.jpg

I did notice the 3wt cast a lot differently than my 6 wt. figured it out pretty quick tho and this line cast so much nicer.

S
skunk
I am thinking of a 4wt myself. have a 2wt and its good for small mt. streams.

L
lilsalmon
Nice job Eric. So, are you liking the 3wt? Glad you got out today. I went to bingo today and won 100 bucks...hehe

troutdude
troutdude
I'm glad that you didn't catch that fence on your back cast. Otherwise, you might have gotten a fish that looks a lot like the one in my avatar!

Rose...remember that pond?

R
rippin fish lips
Well done! i have caught a few trouts there the last few times i fished there. Got a steely to! been lazy on makin the report tho :p ill do it tonight

L
lilsalmon
troutdude said:
Rose...remember that pond?

Yep...been a long time..

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
way to go man,looks like the 3 weight is treating you nicely,excellent fish

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
great fish.. light rods are the best! :clap:

T
the_intimidator03
thanks folks, I just got back into corvallis a few hours ago recovering from a weekend of drinking. thankfully didn't cause TOO much trouble. I am liking the rod but i think we need more time to bond.... COUGH COUGH lol timing was a pain at first until i figured it out. after that i was able to lay out 20-30 foot cast to the fish. This line just flies through the rod which I love. Much better than the 6 wt.

E
Expo713
what fly were you using for those suckers?

T
the_intimidator03
I was using a small beadhead prince nymph about a size 14-16 or so :)