What do you call the cone shaped thingy in a rig?

B
Billamicasr
Worse part is I don't even know how to ask the question...

Here's an attempt at the explanation: When rigging a dropper for lead weight in rivers that has grass or moss fouling every run we used to put a cone shaped piece of plastic that rode down and protected the swivel connection. I'm trying to find those cones on the Web, but have not figured out what to call them. Are they still made? Who makes or sells them?
If you know of a Web link, that would be excellent; help appreciated.

I don't have or cannot find any of the cones that I used to have. Fortunately I still have a few of the Oregon Tackle bead chain rigs with the plastic sleeve, we used to call the "Bead chain condom" remember those? I've found a few of those available online, but it looks like they aren't being produced any longer.

I want to run 4.5 MagLips with a tuna belly wrap soaked in Pro-Cure's Bloody Tuna water soluble fish oil on the lower Santiam and Willamette river.
I picked up the custom made piece from my metals man so I can do some serious back-trolling. If it works like I'm hoping, it may make the process easier for all 'tooners. I'll post photos after I've tested it in the next few days; if it works like I'm hoping, y'all will love the concept.

Bill

E
eugene1
Weed guard??

The cone on this thing:

OTSP.jpg

I think bimart has them.

C
Combat Chuck
They are called Tee beads

C
Combat Chuck
Combat Chuck said:
They are called Tee beads
or T-beads to some...

B
Billamicasr
Tee-Beads / T-Beads, that's it... I'm off to Bi-Mart
Just in front of the T-Bead is an Oregon Tackle scent dispenser. I've got just one that was given to me by Phil of Pro-Cure. I know they are used lots for Kokanee, might be worth trying with a salmon rig, we'll see
Thanks guys, for the life of me I couldn't come up with a name for this item.
The Willamette near Salem is moss/weed central as of late. Need a good gully washer rain storm to clear it out. I know there has to be a few Springers coming through; lots being counted over the falls that the sea lions haven't harvested.
------------------------------
Had to edit... I Googled Tee-Beads and guess what, everyone has them. Even E-Bay with a 25 count for $5.95 at a seller called River Guide Supply in Oregon City. So I ordered a few different colors; I expect to see them pretty soon, they don't have to travel far to get to Salem. Anyone know if this seller is on the forum... he ought to be, he's got a pile of tackle building supplies.

Sure helps to have the correct name - thanks again Combat Chuck

Last edited: