Got a springer

J
JonT
springer.jpg

Now I can put the rod away for a little while at least.

E
eugene1
NICE!

Springer on the fly??!! We want more details my man!

Congrats on a great looking fish.

T
TimberTodd
Yes, definitely want to here more details. Congratulations!

H
Hookset
Nice job. great looking springer.

J
JonT
She ate an orange/black Comet. She went absolutely berserk. I was sure she'd come off after 10 minutes, but I managed to see that her adipose was gone and hoist her onto the bank. 32", 16#

Last edited:
G
Grifter
I have to ask (based on your other post about 'lost a springer'): did you catch this hen swinging the comet? if so, then well done indeed. I've only ever caught springers on the fly with indicators OR a stripped fly--I swore up and down that they didn't care for swung meat. nice work, regardless! with this recent rain and higher numbers coming up the Willamette, you can understand how worked up I'm getting.

J
JonT
Grifter said:
I have to ask (based on your other post about 'lost a springer'): did you catch this hen swinging the comet? if so, then well done indeed. I've only ever caught springers on the fly with indicators OR a stripped fly--I swore up and down that they didn't care for swung meat. nice work, regardless! with this recent rain and higher numbers coming up the Willamette, you can understand how worked up I'm getting.

Yep, black and orange

A
aridd
great job

my2labs
my2labs
Great fish Jon

Life people were more like dogs, I'd like a lot more of them.