What's Sutton Lake like?

PK Yi
PK Yi
anyone ever try sutton lake north of florence? what's that lake like? what type of species are in there? do they stock it with rainbows?

F
flocaster
They do stock it with trout, it has a lot of submerged vegetation/logs and very very little bank access but can have decent trout fishing at times but in my opinion it's a better bass lake than trout lake

troutdude
troutdude
I've not personally fished in that lake. But according to Pete Healy, in his book "Oregon Coast Fishing Maps" comes this excerpt...

"Most of the fishing pressure is directed at the trout and Sutton has a surprising number, of native and carryover rainbows that will measure more than 15-inches in length." But Pete also notes that, most of the trout average 12-13 inches.

He also states, in the same book, that...

"Both still fishing with bait, and trolling flasher and bait combinations work well...."

In addition...

"Bass weighing more than 6 pounds are pulled from Sutton every year."

If you go, let us know how you do.

PK Yi
PK Yi
great info. thanks guys. trout, bass, don't matter to me as long as I'm catching fish. it's definitely on my radar now.

J
JeannaJigs
Fished that all the time as a kid, been about 5 years since I was there. It used to be loaded with trout and yellow perch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk