Two rod validation

P
playhooky
Anyone know if the two-rod validation can be used on Crane Prairie Reservoir? Seems to me that the reservoir would be considered "permanent backwater" to the Deschutes and Cultus rivers and other creeks & streams that run through the reservoir. (See two-rod validation definition at bottom of page 7 in regulations).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
playhooky said:
Anyone know if the two-rod validation can be used on Crane Prairie Reservoir? Seems to me that the reservoir would be considered "permanent backwater" to the Deschutes and Cultus rivers and other creeks & streams that run through the reservoir. (See two-rod validation definition at bottom of page 7 in regulations).

yes, 2 rod is valid on Crane Prairie Reservoir...

P
playhooky
rogerdodger said:
yes, 2 rod is valid on Crane Prairie Reservoir...

Roger.....are you saying that Crane Prairie Reservoir is not "permanent backwater" of the Deschutes and Cultus rivers? Or am I misinterpreting the definition of the two-rod validation? It says standing water bodies which includes reservoirs but then the following sentence seems to supersede which would exclude the use of the two-rod permit. I wouldn't want to get popped but would certainly entertain using two lines in that water. I only want to be sure I'm completely legal.

troutdude
troutdude
The reg book states that, it is okay in Reservoirs. Go with it.

P
playhooky
RD & TD .....& other interested parties: Per the ODF&W information hotline the two-rod permit is valid on Crane Prairie Reservoir. Guess I failed the definitions portion on the quiz......read too much into it. My bad! [emoji15] Thanks for your responses just the same.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
always good to double check the regs, avoiding citations as much as possible is a worthwhile goal...:thumb:

B
BaldTexan
Good to know! Headed out to wrestle Cranebows on Saturday.

S
Seahawkfan
BaldTexan said:
Good to know! Headed out to wrestle Cranebows on Saturday.

Boy am I jealous!

Good luck BD.

troutdude
troutdude
rogerdodger said:
always good to double check the regs, avoiding citations as much as possible is a worthwhile goal...:thumb:

DITTO! Good Luck PlayHooky.