Where can I find big bass?

K
kingfish
I've fished the 3 lakes and caught bass and other stuff but the fish r so small they aren't worth mentioning where can I find big bass in a location close to Corvallis?

K
kingfish
I also need places that offer easy bank fishing

I
igot_it
Are you looking to eat these fish or just c&r? For large bass of a non-edible type the Willamette has tons of opportunity for smallmouth and largemouth. river levels Its seasonal and depends on the river levels. I know some eat resident fish from the willy...I do not. For keeper fish you could head to the coast. Lots of big fish in the south coast lakes, but that's a drive. Although I never fished it Ive heard fern ridge has some opportunities. You need a boat. If you can't get a regular boat you can do a lot with a float tube or u boat. Just dont kick into the middle of a reservoir on a float tube in the wind.....

G
Grifter
I think igot_it's intel is solid: I'd dig a bit deeper in these boards and find a slough off the Willy. With this warm weather this time of year you could get into some bonkers fishing. If you can drive a half hour, Delta Ponds in Eugene have some decent sized bass. And massive carp too if that wets yer whistle. Fern Ridge is another option (as mentioned)--I've seen plenty of bass in the Amazon Canal arm approached by Fir Butte road (very easy to map out). The Long Tom evidently has bass in it, especially in the lower sections, though I've never caught anything there other than carp, crappie, and bullhead.

B
BaldTexan
East Texas! Big ol' bass!

troutdude
troutdude
Grifter said:
The Long Tom evidently has bass in it, especially in the lower sections, though I've never caught anything there other than carp, crappie, and bullhead.

Yes, there are some decent bass in the Long Tom's lower section (from the Fern Ridge dam, on down to the mouth at the Willy). Just be sure to ask permission, to fish. A lot of it is private land. Lot's of smallie's too.

There is also Kiger Island's slough, just south of Corvegas.

K
kingfish
Thanks for the tips!!! And just c&r btw

troutdude
troutdude
You're welcome. Let us know how you do. We like reports and pics.

P.S. There is a pond, on the south side of Hwy. 34, just west of Corvallis. It may have some bass. But do NOT eat them. There is a decades-old landfill, butted right up to that old rock quarry!

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
I hit Fern Ridge today for a few hours this morning and nothing caught BUT the as soon as the water temps get up there the bass should be ripe for the taking :) (but C&R please)

K
kingfish
Here's some pics from the 3 lakes in albany nothing huge but still something all on the same grub!!!

• 2015-04-18 22.55.01.jpg
K
kingfish
K
ksmoker
kingfish, try hitting the calapooia river in Albany between West Albany High School and Bryant's Park. Browers Rock has monster bass but getting there is problematic.