Hagg Lake, Sunday 4.19

D
daveV
Hey Everyone,
My name is Dave, new to the Board here. I moved out to Oregon this past year from New York living in Portland and happy to be out here and enjoying the fishing and exploring thus far. I did a lot of Bass fishing back East my entire life, in particular Smallmouth. I decided to bring my boat out with me during the move and glad I did. I really didn't t know what to expect Smallmouth wise since moving to Oregon and haven't been disappointed one bit with the close spots to home and quality fishing thus far with just being to the Willamatte and Hagg Lake.

Today I went up to Hagg where I have been finding some good fish the past few weeks while also learning the lake. Headed out today from 12-5 and worked all types of water. I ended up boating 3 decent fish which all came on the drop-shot in 6-14ft of water. Wind was light earlier on and started blowing on and off in the late afternoon. Water temps were between 56-59 and sun was out.

Hope to be sharing some reports in the future and contributing to the board.
Below is a photo of one from today.

• Hagg_4.19.jpg
T
troutmasta
Welcome Dave!

Thats a nice one. The Willy and Hagg are two of the better bass spots. Glad you got dialed in.

Tight Lines

troutdude
troutdude
Hagg has produced state records. So you picked a good lake to fish. Welcome to the forum and to Oregon.

The current state record, from Hagg in 2005 is:

8 pounds and 1.76 oz.

D
daveV
Thanks guys.
Hagg I definitely want to get a hang of, it really looks promising.

B
BaldTexan
Glad you had success Dave. I have definitely got to get out there and dust off my bass gear! Been too long.

bass
bass
Good job! I was out at Hagg yesterday and I saw a handful of bass boats out there and figured they should be doing well. I brought my bass gear but never picked up a one of the rods (trout and perch filled my day). Nice to see that you are getting on some nice fish!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nice bass!