Highway 58 tunnel status

N
Norfolk-N-Waypal
Hi All:
I am heading up to Odell for the season opener and am looking for up to date information on the tunnel on Highway 58. I couldn't find anything on the ODOT website and the latest online news articles were from 2013. I assume that the tunnel is opener 24/7/365, but I don't want to assume. Does anyone have an up to date status of the roadway?
:)

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Its open they delayed the whole project! You can always come down the 97!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
ODOT TripCheck website: http://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/RCMap.asp?curRegion=4 is reporting this:

Estimated delay under 20 minutes, Construction Work
Lanes Affected: (Eastbound) 1 Lane
Comments: Expect delays with one lane of travel controlled by flaggers and pilot car with 24 hour a day control for the remainder of the project. Use caution. A concrete barrier has been placed along the centerline and traffic is now restricted to a single travel lane, controlled by 24 hr. flagging and a pilot car for the remainder of the project. The contractor will begin mobilizing equipment. Watch for construction vehicles and machinery entering and exiting the highway. Construction is planned during 2015 with the final paving of the tunnel approaches scheduled for 2016. During construction, Phase 2 will result in a limited number of complete nighttime highway closures. A single lane of travel, controlled by flaggers and pilot cars, will be in effect at all other times, 24 hours per day. There will be no 24 hour, complete highway closures. Project Summary: This project will complete an earlier project, originally designed to lower the tunnel floor, repair the tunnel liner, and rebuild four half viaducts. The original project was partially completed in 2012 and 2013. This project will complete construction of two half viaducts and other remaining items from the original project, along with newly added items.
Last Updated: 04/17/2015 12:33 pm

1 nut in the water
Closed permanently- no sense in anyone going east this weekend!:D

N
Norfolk-N-Waypal
1 nut in the water said:
Closed permanently- no sense in anyone going east this weekend!:D
Nice try Num Nut, I mean 1 Nut. I'll be looking out for you this weekend. =)

Top Bottom