Horton Pond / Hult Reservoir cutthroat fishing

PK Yi
PK Yi
made it to hult reservoir for some trout fishing, and I was quite surprised. it was a fun trip, we caught many trout (and lost just as many). they were pretty tiny, but fun as hell. I did not expect to catch as many cutthroat as we did. it reminded me of a lake I fished up in alaska where there were just as many cutthroats, although they were bigger up there.

thanks to everyone who gave me all the great info for this lake. we used a silver spoon, little cleo, as our flasher and trailed it with a berkley honey worm on a #10 hook. talk about fun!

feel free to share this video.

and, this is the boat ramp. smallest and shortest boat ramp I've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
bass
bass
Great video again Sammy! I always look forward to the fishing with Sammy TV Show. That camera on your chest really makes me feel like I am in the boat with you.

PK Yi
PK Yi
thanks. it was a fun trip. gonna make another trip later in the summer. hopefully the bass fishing will be as good as the trout fishing.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Good to hear you had a good day of fishing! I need to make it out there before the real warm weather hits and do some fishing and camping.

T
TimberTodd
Thanks for the follow up report Sammy. Glad the trip went good for you.

troutdude
troutdude
I OFFicially bow, to the trout king!

Little Cleo's, are my "go to" spoon (especially the original models...you know me...got to use my "old school" gear...LOL). I"ve often wondered, how they would as a dodger (flasher). Like the "old school dude" used to say on the radio...

"and now we know...the rest of the story...page 2".

PK Yi
PK Yi
thanks guys. the spoon for flasher and honey worm is my go-to setup from now on for trout. can't wait for summer when the water warms up for bass fishing there.

Last edited: