Umpqua 4/14

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
caught a ride with 'mhk' in his sled today and we spent a rainy/sunny day hoping to hook up a springer or two...no salmon for us but a hatchery steelhead hit Matt's plug, she was headed back to the ocean but cut nicely...just a few boats out today, didn't see any other fish caught while we were out but Matt saw a nice springer caught just after I left...cheers, roger

E
eugene1
Good you guys got out.

Had a buddy go Monday also reported lackluster results.

F
Fishing Ham
Guess it's still a little too early. Hope to head up to the Rogue next week and try my luck. Fish On!

K
knucklehead 61
wish I was up there to enjoy a day on the river.
sure beats working in san jose all day.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
well it isn't a springer but the fillet mhk sent me home with smoked up real nice...:thumb:

J
JeannaJigs
Never hear much about springer fishing the salt on the umpqua, I forget it's an option lol. I wonder how successful it is though versus fall fishing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

jamisonace
jamisonace
I never see anyone fishing tidewater on the Umpqua for springers. I've always wondered why.

JeannaJigs said:
Never hear much about springer fishing the salt on the umpqua, I forget it's an option lol. I wonder how successful it is though versus fall fishing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

E
eugene1
jamisonace said:
I never see anyone fishing tidewater on the Umpqua for springers. I've always wondered why.

Plenty of effort for tidewater springers on the Ump and lots of catches too. Check out Scottsburg there will be plenty of anglers.

Maybe you are thinking of lower down though.. Reedsport, Windy bay?

jamisonace
jamisonace
Yeah. I know they fish right at the top of tidewater and into the free flowing river but nothing around Reedsport or W Bay.