The Fishwhisperer44!

EOBOY
EOBOY
The Fishwhisperer has taken me under his wing lately and he is teaching me a lot. My first fishing memory was when my Dad took us boys fishing for Crappie at Cold Springs Res. in Hermiston. I love to eat crappie. So a couple of weeks ago we went to a pond that the owner wants some of the crappie removed from his pond. The owner put a limit of 20 per person. I probably wouldn't have found the fish without his help. We had a blast, and I got my first mess of crappie in years. I won't keep so many next time as it took me hours to clean them all. But we have eaten 2 meals now and it tastes just like I remember........MMmmm good. Grits, hush puppies, and fried Crappie.

EOBOY

• crap1.jpg
  • cook1.jpg
  • cook2.jpg
  • cook4.jpg
P
playhooky
Who needs McGrath's? That looks seriously delicious! I remember when I was a young boy growing up in Nebraska that Crappie, Bluegill, Bullhead and even some Northern Pike were the go after fish for dinner. Good ol' days.....we didn't have Salmon & Steelhead to fish for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
Mmmmm looks so tasty

E
eugene1
Nice crappie!

Good eats.

bass
bass
Definitely crappie and not crappy :)

EOBOY
EOBOY
bass said:
Definitely crappie and not crappy :)

BASS when I was a kid in Hermiston we called them Croppie. In the late 90's and early 2000's I went back East 2 times a year and that was when I first heard them called Crappie. It made sense to me.

EOBOY

troutdude
troutdude
Used to catch lot's o' crappie, here in Orygone, back in the day. Must get out and get me some!

jamisonace
jamisonace
That looks good.