Best rivers right now?

S
sapo
I have a question for ya'll who've been hitting up the rivers lately. My friend and his dad and I are looking to go trout/steelhead fly fishing this Saturday..Mainly trout. Simple question here: What's the best trout river right now within 2 hours of Portland? We were thinking maybe the Mckenzie? We're looking for trout but would prefer a river that might have some leftover steelhead just in case, but any river will do.

So: Best trout/maybe steelhead river within 2 hours of Portland?
pm me if you want also

We are bank bound, by the way.

Thanks!

jamisonace
jamisonace
My best advice is to choose either trout or steelhead. I wouldn't try for both but you can hope for incidental hook up.

S
Socaaron
Don't forget to check your regs before you head out, most rivers are closed to trout angling until later this month.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Socaaron said:
Don't forget to check your regs before you head out, most rivers are closed to trout angling until later this month.

ding ding ding

hobster
hobster
Socaaron said:

Lower Mac is open for fly fishing. There must be something closer to Portland though, check the regs for sure.

T
troutmasta
ya, it'll be tuff to find a river to trout fish in right now. You could steelhead fish on the clackamas, right now is a good time and the water is nice. There is good rock fishing at the coast as well right now.

Good luck.

S
sapo
Thanks guys! Ya I think I'll head to the lower Mac..I haven't been able to find anything closer. @troutmasta, rock fishing off of jetties?

T
troutmasta
Yes sir! Its hot right now. Spent the weekend at a condo in Depoe Bay with my wife. Besides getting broad sided by a sneaker wave, was able to reel in some sea bass OFF the rocks, also picked up a quick limit of cockell clams in Newport. Oceans nice right now

hobster
hobster
sapo said:
Thanks guys! Ya I think I'll head to the lower Mac..I haven't been able to find anything closer. @troutmasta, rock fishing off of jetties?

There are some good days where you can catch some nice fish on the Mac right now, ask jamisonace :thumb:

Casting Call
Casting Call
troutmasta said:
Yes sir! Its hot right now. Spent the weekend at a condo in Depoe Bay with my wife. Besides getting broad sided by a sneaker wave, was able to reel in some sea bass OFF the rocks, also picked up a quick limit of cockell clams in Newport. Oceans nice right now
Those are some good eats and the perch are starting to show up. I have been at it all this week at Yokahoma point.Tony

S
sapo
Yeah the surf perch fishing is good rn! I was at Cannon beach for a few days last week and was nailin em straight in front of mo's

S
sapo
hobster said:
There are some good days where you can catch some nice fish on the Mac right now, ask jamisonace :thumb:

Yup hobster, I've already done that :thumb:. Exchanged a few pm's with him yesterday&today